Thread: Thunder Row Site Notes

Default Thunder Row Site Notes

Hey there Site Admin Folks,

Let me start by saying thank you for all of the great content you have been providing here on Thunder Row, I can't seem to get enough of it! However, I am finding that it can be a bit difficult to find things on the site overall. It seems like once they leave the Home page they slip into obscurity. An example of this would be the MP3 Download for New Key to Jamming, I know it was up on the site at one point as that I have the download, but I can't find it now, even by doing a search. Another example would be finding Member Bios, I know you have done 4 or 5 now, but I am hard pressed to find more than 1 or 2. I realize the site is a work in progress and I am fine with this, however it can be a bit frustrating at times. I guess what I am asking for is a little better organization on the site overall. Believe me, I realize keeping a site up is no easy task, but if people have a hard time finding what they are looking for they may not come back. I'd be happy to offer any assistance in this area if needed.
    Stantonl

www.bassramblings.com

Blogging about Bass!

Hello Stantonl,

Nice to see you on the site. I stumbled across your "Bass Ramblings" when you had it on the Talk Bass forum if I remember correctly. After reading the success you were having with TMBG I made the decision to order it. Thanks for your commentary about TMBG and other topics on Bass Ramlings. I'm sure other's will find it helpful in making the decision to purchase TMBG.

Regards,
    John

Quote Originally Posted by stantonl View Post
    An example of this would be the MP3 Download for New Key to Jamming, I know it was up on the site at one point as that I have the download, but I can't find it now, even by doing a search.

Home page tab....then under RESOURCES.

I know this doesn't answer your concerns about structure, but it'll getcha the files.

Thanks Elmeaux,

I see "Keep it simple Blues" there, but not "New Key to Jamming". This illustrates my point beautifully.
    P.S. I don't actually need the files, I was just using it as an example
    Stantonl

www.bassramblings.com

Blogging about Bass!

Default Where Did the Time Go?

These are excellent observations, folks. And you're absolutely right, we need to be better organized. The fact is, though, that we may have to hobble along in our patchwork fashion for a while yet, since we're having to spend a LOT more time on TR than we anticipated...which means our efforts to market TMBG are suffering. I beg your patient indulgence and will be more than happy to consider any offers of help to sort things out and keep them straight!
    You're thoughts are dead-on, and much appreciated!
    Ed.