Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Article: And the Winner is...!

Default Article: YOU Decide.

My vote would be for #2. No one is more influential then The Beatles.

I vote for No. 2 also!! I think everyone knows the Beatles are should know them,
    and would get more people knowing about Roy and TMBG!! So No. 2 no doubt about it!!!

i vote for number two. the Beatles where probably the first band that i fell in love with as a young man. and that bass that PAUL carried was so cool . so number two for me please.long live T.M.B.G. AND THUNDER ROW.

Definitely #2. What a statement!!

# 2 for me as well, but I would put #3 a close second. The Beatles connection is right on the money, but I kinda like the feel of the image in#3.

Quote Originally Posted by TobiasMan View Post
    # 2 for me as well, but I would put #3 a close second. The Beatles connection is right on the money, but I kinda like the feel of the image in#3.
    iam ,with you TOBAISMAN I also really like number 3 was a hard pick . but the Fab Four won out.
    Let's Play Bass!

Although #3 certainly deserves it, #2 does the trick. "No Bass, No Beatles" for me.

Red Deer, Alberta, Canada and Oaxaca, Mexico

I know all of us "old Folks" prefer #2 as it reminds us of our youth but given that all or most of the ads in guitar mags are colorful and jam packed with images, I think number 1 (evolve) with is simplicity and white space would be more effective and that is what we are looking for. IMO, we want the ad to be effective (rather than nostalgic).

Depending on the demographic, The Beatles may have different levels of relevance and resonance, both good and bad.

Number 2 definitely appeals most to me, but I am a 52 year old man who takes some of his music references from The Beatles, even though they were before my time.....

I definitely wouldn't have taken any such references from the music my parents listened to.......

(I'm impressed that it is a left-handed Hohner bass though!).

As regards impact, I broadly agree with Shawn, above. I would also add that I find the orange on black text lacks clarity. In fact, any colour text on black I feel tends to sacrifice legibility for effect, unless it is a bold font.

That said though, number 1 is not quite there yet; the TMBG logo and a price would be a good idea, I suggest.....