Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Article: And the Winner is...!

Number 2 for me too. Looks like a landslide!
    Fender Classic Vibe Precision '50's Bass
    Acoustic B-20 1x12
    Foam earplugs for wife!

As most of us know, TMBG has been most appealing to older folks. Though Roy has some younger students in his online roster, the majority lies among the more mature crowd.

So the question is: (Knowing that older people are attracted to the course), do we encourage it through memories of the Beatles, or do we change up to something modern that might draw more young folks into our midst?

- low life -

Is it just me or does #4 look like a guitar?

Oh and for the record, I kind of like #1, although #2 is a bold statement!

I would say definitely #2...Regardless of age if you picked up a bass you know who Paul is and his importance/contributions to the Low End!

I worked for a newspaper in my younger days and also sold advertising for said paper. White space is very effective in drawing attention to the ad. I know the others are attractive but the simplicity of #1 may be what gets the most attention, which is what we are after I would think.

#3 for me with #2 a close second. The image of a professional bassist with his bass comfortably in hand seems to jell with the slogan "When you're really ready to play!" at the bottom of the ad.
    Last edited by Bassix; 10-29-2012 at 08:56 AM. Reason: typo

7. Default

I like #4 the best but i'ts just too dark and i don't think it will command too much attention. I think #2 will be the most effective. My vote is for #2!

Red Deer, Alberta, Canada and Oaxaca, Mexico

Default Are we asking the right question here?

Quote Originally Posted by Elmeaux View Post
    As most of us know, TMBG has been most appealing to older folks. Though Roy has some younger students in his online roster, the majority lies among the more mature crowd.

So the question is: (Knowing that older people are attracted to the course), do we encourage it through memories of the Beatles, or do we change up to something modern that might draw more young folks into our midst?
    I think it goes without saying that if the goal is to sell the product, one must aim for the broadest possible market. Appealing to a younger crowd then is absolutely necessary. Also, I think the majority who are voting for #2 are doing so because it reminds them of their youth. The question that should be asked is NOT whether you like the image or not. The question is which of the 4 will sell more of the product. As stated earlier, I think that is image #1.
    "You can't get lost if you don't know where you are going"

Well ShawnHaley, looks like you and I are the only "1's" that picked number 1. People are generally lazy when it comes to reading ads, if it looks too involved or too much data they tend to skip over it. As georgeous as the other ads are I still think something simple, easy to spot and easy to remember is going to do the trick.

I asked my 15 year old son to decide. As myself, he picked #2. He also mentioned the effectiveness of white space in #1, and liked #3. As for #4, at first glance, it looked to him like a piano. I got that impression with #4 as well. On a side note, I’d like to mention that I’m 53 and the Beatles were before my time. As for #1, it’s just too annoying to look for the info in the vastness of white space, simply too much of it compared to the content.