Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Greetings from Chattanooga

Default Greetings from Chattanooga

Greetings all,
    Name is Chris, and I live in Chattanooga, TN. I have been playing/learning the bass guitar since Christmas time last year. All self taught (with You Tube, Scott's bass lessons, various books) and in the past 3 months or so, Teach Me Bass Guitar. I LOVE Roy's system, it is challenging and fun, and it is working!
    I play in our church's worship team, stuff like Chris Tomlin, Matt Redman, Digital Age, etc.
    I just got a new bass, Fender Blacktop Jazz Bass. I love the feel of it, love the white chrome pearl finish, and it has a wide variety of tones also.
    I am still looking for the sweet spot in sounds.
    I have a Digitech BP-355 multi-effects pedal, so it is not hard to shape the tone just right.
    Love this bass already! I installed pearl fingerboard inlay (decals) also, really looks nice in my opinion.
    The quality of this bass is apparent from when I first picked it up, everything looks, feels and sound immaculate.

I also have an Ibanez GSR200FM, and an Ibanez electro-acoutic AEB10. I have a Digitech BP-355 multi-effects pedal and a Fender Rumble 150 bass amp.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2869.jpg 
Views:	285 
Size:	91.3 KB 
ID:	2630 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2872.jpg 
Views:	286 
Size:	91.2 KB 
ID:	2631 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1852.jpg 
Views:	288 
Size:	88.9 KB 
ID:	2632

Hi Chris. That is one nice looking bass.

Welcome to Thunder Row and TMBG, Chris. Glade to have you aboard!!!
    Always remember to enjoy where you're at on the way to where you're going!!!

4. Default

Hi Chris. A hearty Thunder Row welcome to both you and your gear. Sweet stuff there!

Welcome, Chris. You're going to find a lot of fellowship on Thunder Row. Also, be sure to check out all that's available under the 'Resources' tab. Good to have you here!

Welcome, Chris. Glad to have you with us.

Welcome, Chris! Glad to have you with us. Them's some great axes!

- low life -

Welcome Chris.
    That Blacktop bass looks very interesting. A Jazz body with two, passive, split single coil precision bass PUPs and jazz style controls.

There are a number of Fender Precision basses that have a jazz PUP in the bridge position, but I think that is the only version of the Jazz bass with that PUP configuration.

Welcome to The Row, Chris!
    Hey, a Fender Rumble 150... I have one too and really love it.

WELCOME TO THE row Chris you will really like here .Every one is really great and helpful . so dive on in .
    Let's Play Bass!