Thread: Vox AmPhones bass edition

1. Default Vox AmPhones bass edition

I ordered these today. If there's any interest, I'll post a review once they arrive.

Definitely. I plan on ordering a set in the new year!!

- low life -

I have a set and they are FABULOUS!

originally from Michigan now living in Ohio

Thanks for the post mikeB, I will order mine today

Why did you pick these instead of the vox that you plug headset into? Wouldn't that be more useful? I want something like this, so very interested in replays.
    Fender Classic Vibe Precision '50's Bass
    Acoustic B-20 1x12
    Foam earplugs for wife!

From what I see, it would be one less bit of gear to use. Instead of plugging headphones into a small amp box and the bass into the amp box, you just plug the headphones into the bass and play.

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by debitcred1 View Post
    Why did you pick these instead of the vox that you plug headset into? Wouldn't that be more useful? I want something like this, so very interested in replays.
    A while back, I picked up a Pandora Mini on Amazon which has all kinds of effects and is similar to the box that you are talking about. It's a great little device but I just don't think it has enough volume. I think after that experience I got turned off to all these external boxes and since these headphones are specifically made for bass I figured I'd give them a try.

These bad boys arrived today and I came home and fired them up right away. I'm liking them. There are four different knobs: Effect, volume, tone and gain. I struggled with adjusting them at first because they have a half moon type piece of plastic on one side of the knob that sticks up. Also, you can't really feel if the knob is actually turning. Someone with fat fingers will have a more difficult time with this I'd say. You really have to feel around to adjust these dials. I think this is something I'll probably get used to after a while.

The sound is phenomenal. All I am using is the volume control at this point until I figure out how to get a good sound by adjusting. The volume is nice, they sound very clean and smooth. I plugged a cable into my computer and played a few songs along with the bass practice files I have in my iTunes library and had a great time. I copied most of the files to my iPod touch so now I can sit anywhere and practice and not have to assemble multiple items to do so. I like the compactness of just plugging the headphones into the bass and the iPod into the headset. An external box is also something that I'm apt to misplace. I also tried out just listening to regular music through these headphones and it sounded great.

Edited to add: 100th post. Woot!
    Last edited by bassischill; 12-14-2012 at 05:47 PM.

originally from Michigan now living in Ohio

I just got mine today & I couldn't wait to try them out, I too, will just use the volume button & adjust the other buttons as I go I'm just enjoying the sound & the fact that I can now take my 5s bass instead of carrying my acoustic bass although I will still play the acoustic but I'll enjoy playing the electric without desturbing anyone. Great sound highly recommend