Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lesson 101 - How to play "Black Sheep" (from the Deeper Blues Album : "Dig the Hole")

Quote Originally Posted by Ditto View Post
    Videos are not working for me?
    What O/S and Browser are you using ?
    and what (if any) error message do you get ?

Lane posted his videos on YouTube in a "private" section so not available for people browsing YouTube but they should work if you have the URL.

Here are the links to the video's on YouTube, let me know if these work :

Black Sheep Video : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUQsg...layer_embedded

Video Lesson : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUQsg...layer_embedded

Play Along Video : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUQsg...layer_embedded
    Fender 2012 American Standard Precision Bass (Left-handed)
    Fender '59 Bassman LTD.

Videos work fine here on a computer with "Windoze" Vista and IE8 or Chrome, as well one with Win7 and IE9

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    What O/S and Browser are you using ?
    and what (if any) error message do you get ?

I already spoke to Ditto. He got the videos working OK.

- low life -

Quote Originally Posted by Elmeaux View Post
    I already spoke to Ditto. He got the videos working OK.
    Glad to hear that !

From what I understand if you use Windows 8 with their "Metro" explorer (that's the one you can launch from their new start screen) you get no Flash support. Because the YouTube video's require Flash to work you might get into trouble viewing the video's.

If you start the Explorer from the "Desktop" Flash (when installed from Adobe) does work

I remember reading somewhere that Flash is becomming "outdated" and is to be replaced by HTML5 in the future (which the Metro Explorer) does support.
    BUT that's what I remember reading on it.
    Fender '59 Bassman LTD.

Quote Originally Posted by bassischill View Post
    Any chance we can get a tab version?
    Well I have some good news for you.

Lane agrees with a TAB version of the Sheet Music so we'll try to provide one ASAP.

Realistically this will be somewhere in the beginning of next week. I will try to do the TAB version during the weekend so IF I have the time for it they will be done soon.

Stay tuned !
    Fender '59 Bassman LTD.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Well I have some good news for you.

Lane agrees with a TAB version of the Sheet Music so we'll try to provide one ASAP.

Realistically this will be somewhere in the beginning of next week. I will try to do the TAB version during the weekend so IF I have the time for it they will be done soon.

Stay tuned !
    Thank you!

Hi, T Bucket, and glad to hear you like the CD. I'm interested to know why you feel you are not ready for these lessons. Is there something we can add that will make it easier for you? Or, are you very new to the bass?

Thanks, and Keep Thumpin'!

Lane

Hey, all y'all! I'm really pleased to see the response to the lesson. I can almost guarantee that the presentation will get better as we go along.

I want to clarify my opinion on sheet music. I **prefer sheet music to TAB, because it imparts more information, and is the standard for studio and some live work. Now, most of my work in both arenas has required NO music at all. However, when a page is put in front of me, it's either in Nashville Number System (95% of the time) or standard notation (5%). For someone like Roy, the amount of sheet music is much higher, and you really need to know how to read.

On the other hand, I have never - and I mean NEVER! - been given a sheet of TAB, even for personal use, such as prep for a gig.

Now, several of you have asked for the TAB, so we're going to provide it moving forward. I would HIGHLY recommend, however, that you use it only as much as you absolutely have to... and use the standard notation as much as possible, even it if means going slowly in the beginning as you learn the notes. The more you read notation, the easier it gets. Honest!

I am very interested in comments that will help us improve our presentation, as well as any questions anyone has about the lesson. I will do my best to drop in every few days to check the threads. If I don't, I'm sure someone will let me know if there's anything waiting for me.

Thanks again for your support, and Keep Thumpin'!

Lane

Lane,

Can you clarify your "Nashvill Number System" for us ?
    What is it and what's the difference between that and standard notation.

As for the TABS, these seem to be a new thing and they show up in a lot of "Method Books" I've seen (in Guitar, Bass AND Drum book for beginners). They are also popular on sites like Ultimate Guitar.
    just to let you know :-D

Oh, and if you can set a "subscription" for a thread so you'll get an email when a new reply is made, you won't get another warning until after you visited the thread after receiving that mail. (just F
    Fender '59 Bassman LTD.

Hey Lane, nice lesson and I enjoyed the blues tune/video. I like the use of the quarter note triplets and octaves..
    Last edited by BluesWalker; 01-12-2013 at 02:09 PM. Reason: Add missing word :)