+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Brubaker Brute - Thank you TMBG!

Quote Originally Posted by Nicki View Post
    And here she is!!!! Notice the lovely carving on the headstock and that nice fretwork!

Absolutely gorgeous!!! Lucky ducky!!

- low life -

She looks like a true lady. Gorgeous is correctly used to describe this beauty!!!
    Always remember to enjoy where you're at on the way to where you're going!!!

So I took the Brute out with me on Friday night. Having spent a good deal of time with her lately, she is a lovely sounding bass. I do find that there are some songs we play that I prefer the sound of the Brute on and others I much prefer the Rick. We recorded our live set on Friday, and I'm going to try to pull out a song for you all to hear that is my favorite song with the Brute. When we record this one, the Brute will be the guitar of choice. It's thumpier than the Rick and that works wonderfully for this song.

Very cool. double pup on the bridge and single on the neck is pretty cool. Lot o knobs?
    Nothing like a Great Bottom end!

So glad you're liking you new bass. Sounds like a lot of flexibility tonewise. The darker tone may be due to body wood differences.

Go for it "gurl"!!

Ok, here's a poorly recorded file from Friday night. We've got to work on input levels on the recorder, so it's a little quiet. This is an original tune and the Brubaker is my bass on this one.

I'm hoping this works....http://soundcloud.com/nicholeriek/a-start-jan-2013-1

Sounds great Nicki. Bass is nice and clear.

I'm not sure if you have broken the song into segments (v, ch, br, v, ch, end, etc.) but in terms of building the flow and add some dynamics to the song, I'd suggest that you look at increasing the quarter notes you are playing in each bar, say after the first verse. When it gets to the "chorus/refrain" portion, try playing quarter notes through the entire bar instead of the rests. It may pick up the intensity of the song when you add to the bass intensity in that part. Then drop back to your slow shuffle type (1 - 2 ' ' ) beat when you are back to the chorus.

Nice tone, timing and 'tude, Nicki!

+ Reply to Thread