Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Houston we've had a problem

Default Houston we've had a problem

It looks like our new "TeachMeBluesBass.com" site has been hacked ! (already). We are working hard to get it back up-and-running A.S.A.P.
    Fender 2012 American Standard Precision Bass (Left-handed)
    Fender '59 Bassman LTD.

Default Resolved

The problem is caused by a server vulnerability at our Hosting Provider. Unfortunatly we can resolve the problem after it's hacked, but we cannot prevent it. That's something out Hosting Provider needs to fix. The problem is that it's unknown what the exact server vulnerability is.
    Fender '59 Bassman LTD.

Well then you can let me know who I'm going to use I would say.
    GO LOW!!!STAY HIGH!!!ON BASS THAT IS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by line6bassman View Post
    Well then you can let me know who I'm going to use I would say.
    Sorry, I guess it's a language barrier thing but I don't really understand your reply.
    Fender '59 Bassman LTD.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Sorry, I guess it's a language barrier thing but I don't really understand your reply.

I think he's talking about not having much faith in WordPress if its sites can be so easily hacked... and wondering which site builder would be better.

- low life -

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Sorry about that I left a word out of the sentence. Isn't it amazing how you leave one word out and it changes the whole meaning?

It should have read. (Well then you can let me know who I'm NOT going to use) I would say. How's that better? If not you can
    tell me who I shouldn't use for my server. Hope that helps?

Line6bassmanTR

PS. By the way I'm from New Orleans your not suppose to understand us, we say, what that, what Dat, who Dat and all Dat stuff!! Hee!!Heee!!
    OH by the way I can't stand the ain'ts they talk funny....

Ah, makes sense now.

Anyway, The problem is not WordPress (It's not run on wordpress.com, but it uses the software)
    The problem is a vulnerability on the server that runs my site. I think they run Linux so it should be pretty safe, but there are always bugs no mater what OS you are running.

I don't think you'll consider my Hosting Company since it's a local one (Budget Host .be) but I'm pretty satisfied with their service.
    Fender '59 Bassman LTD.

Hi Patrick,

Wordpress is a great platform. You just need to do a few things to make it harder for hackers.

The main problem is that wordpress puts certain files in well known places. So hackers know where to find setup files. So, you need someone to check that the files can only be opened from the server directly. This is done using a CHMOD command from command line or FTP access to change the file properies. (ya it is jibber-jabber unless you are a computer programmer) You can contact your hosting technical support and ask them to check the settings.

It is best to install the wordpress files in a different folder name than the usual location

It is best to name the wordpress database with something other than the usual name

Lastly, make usernames and passwords complex and stong. avoid things like names or Admin 1234

Take care,
    Alex

Alex,
    Tanks for the tips.
    I've already done most of the things you mention (I also installed some plugins like the commercial version of the Bullet Proof plug-in).

As for CHMOD I perfer to use SSH over an FTP client to perform those actions, but I don't have SSH access to the server (might need to consider asking my hosting provider to get SSH access to the server).

Patrick
    Fender '59 Bassman LTD.

Default Lane Baldwin to represent Sacramento

http://lanebaldwin.com/lane-to-repre...ues-challenge/

September 9, 2013 – Los Angeles, CA – Media Entertainment Management Group (MEMG) announced that their premier artist Lane Baldwin won the Sacramento, CA, International Blues Challenge regional solo/duo competition yesterday, performing on bass guitar and vocals. This is the first time a solo bassist has represented the city in the IBC competitions. It may also be the first time a solo bassist has competed in the final rounds of the IBC.

MEMG President Polo Jones is proud of his feature artist’s unique sound and approach. “I’ve never seen a performer like him,” Jones said of his long-time friend. “He’s got a very deep Old School presence but with a distinctive new twist. And he brings an amazing level of passion that’s hard to match. The fact that he does it all on bass just makes it that much more captivating.”

Lane is currently performing in the Sacramento and Bay areas with his trio Deeper Blues. He is also rehearsing a larger band to tour in support of his upcoming second release, The View From Here.

Acting as producer (as well as engineer) for the new CD, Jones brought in an array of the Bay Area’s top talent, including drummers Bryant Mills (John Lee Hooker, Sly Stone) and Abe Laboriel, Jr. (Paul McCartney), keyboardists Nate Ginsberg (Herbie Hancock, Larry Graham) and Danny B (Sista Monica Parker), guitarists Terry Hiatt (Laura Price and Artist), Dave Adams ( Prairie Prince, Ronnie Montrose, Steve Miller), vocalist Tammy Brown (Stanley Jordan, Spyro Gyra) Saxophonists Noel Catura (Joe Luis Walker, Chris Cain) and Lisa Simpson, to name a few.

Lane’s set for the IBC competition included four of his own songs and Lane’s imaginative arrangement of an old favorite. “I wanted to offer a broad range of styles to demonstrate what the Blues can be,” Baldwin said. “But I wanted to focus on the stories more than anything, that old way of releasing your pain.”

The secret behind Baldwin’s solo sound is his extended range bass guitar. “It’s pretty unusual in the Blues, Rock and Americana,” said Baldwin, “but for 17 years, my main instrument has been my Spector 6-string bass guitar. It’s an extremely important part of what I do. In fact, it’s a requirement.”