+ Reply to Thread

Thread: drum machine

Default drum machine

any suggestions for a drum machine or drum machine software that is easy to use? I'd like to use a drum beat rather than a simple metronome....it was suggested that this was a superior way to improve faster.

Thanks

A few have been suggested along the way. There are a couple of articles/posts to be found. This is one of them. Hope it helps!

http://www.thunderrow.com/showthread...t=drum+machine

- low life -

If you are on a Mac there is an app called "Drum Beats+" that is great. It has many different styles of drumming and you can set the tempo to your liking. I've gotten a lot of mileage out playing Don't Bebop along with different drum loops and at varying speeds.

Edit: I just realized that when you say looking for a drum machine, you may be wanting something programmable. This app is not programmable, rather it is predefined loops in many different musical styles. The only thing that you can alter is the tempo.
    Last edited by ghsky1; 05-29-2013 at 08:27 AM.

Take a look at iDrum. It's downloadable for $49 and, reviewers say, ultra-easy to use. Whatever you choose, write and share your thoughts with us, so we can all learn from your experience!

Preview iDrum at http://www.izotope.com/products/audio/idrum/

Wow David! That looks like a fully featured, all features drum emulator - fantastic for those wanting to create their own beats/patterns.

I'd probably be happy with something that would play kick and highhat to the standard 4/4, 3/4, 6/8 time signatures.

Quote Originally Posted by TobiasMan View Post
    Wow David! That looks like a fully featured, all features drum emulator - fantastic for those wanting to create their own beats/patterns.

I'd probably be happy with something that would play kick and highhat to the standard 4/4, 3/4, 6/8 time signatures.
    as I am a complete idiot, this is exactly what I want, I don't want to program it, just want to turn it on and have the "mojo".

7. Default Hydrogen and Guitar Pro

I have been using drum machine software called "Hydrogen". It's free and available for the big 3 operating systems. Guitar Pro also has drumkits in and can do much more, but not on linux. It's written sheet music is in what I call the modern format making it easy to read. The sound files from Guitar Pro are much better out of the box, if you will, than Hydrogen's.

Namaste, Kevin

+ Reply to Thread