+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: First time playing with PEOPLE!

Default First time playing with PEOPLE!

well, yesterday was a first. I got invited to jam with a local cover band last night. It was the first time that i have played in front of ANYONE let alone WITH anyone! lol

I got to say, it was awesome! I didn't know a ton of the songs they did, but was able to pick them up fairly quickly and my timing was good. I got mixed up on the notes here and there, but tried to keep rolling with it and they were very good at helping me out. They all have been playing for 20 plus years a piece, an me, only a few!

its definitely something i will remember! they gave me a standing invitation to play with them on wed's now. I am going to take em up on it. Its amazing how much more you learn and feel when playing with an acutal band!

Glad i have been working on TMBG or it might not have turned out so well! LOL

Steve

Great Steve!

The very best addition to TMBG for learning to play is jamming with a group of musicians that are better than you. As you said, you learn so much, its fun, and its real!!!!

Great news, Steve. Talk about being bitten by the performance bug! You got it!

- low life -

Default First time playing with PEOPLE!

That is awesome!!! I sure miss playing with a band. Keep with it and you'll go a long way.

go head!!!!!
    GO LOW!!!STAY HIGH!!!ON BASS THAT IS!!!

Round two tonight! i officially was asked again, if i wanted to come by again tonight. even though they said i was more than welcome to, i still felt kinda like i would be imposing if i just showed up! but I guess they at least like my personality enough to let me hang a bit more LOL

I told the Drummers wife (who i owe this whole '"jamming with the guys" thing too, as her husband is the drummer) that i think i figured out why...they have all been playing so long and they are all getting so old, they are losing there hearing...especially the lowe end....LOL that explains it!

Been working on Every Breath you take by the Police and Comfortably Numb, so we will see how that goes!

thanks again for all the words of encouragement!

I do most of my playing with cats, but people can be fun, too...

Good luck, Brudder. Have a blast!

Quote Originally Posted by aksteve View Post
    Round two tonight! i officially was asked again, if i wanted to come by again tonight. even though they said i was more than welcome to, i still felt kinda like i would be imposing if i just showed up! but I guess they at least like my personality enough to let me hang a bit more LOL

I told the Drummers wife (who i owe this whole '"jamming with the guys" thing too, as her husband is the drummer) that i think i figured out why...they have all been playing so long and they are all getting so old, they are losing there hearing...especially the lowe end....LOL that explains it!

Been working on Every Breath you take by the Police and Comfortably Numb, so we will see how that goes!

thanks again for all the words of encouragement!

- low life -

Cats are always in tune.

Quote Originally Posted by ArtLiestman View Post
    I do most of my playing with cats, but people can be fun, too...

- low life -

The numb songs a cool and easy song to play its a good one!! Have fun!!
    GO LOW!!!STAY HIGH!!!ON BASS THAT IS!!!

+ Reply to Thread