Thread: new adventure into bassland

Default new adventure into bassland

Hey, it's Jessica here. I just purchased the course over the weekend. I've been looking at the bass course for several weeks wondering if I should give it go as I'm currently learning guitar at the moment. Eventually, I convinced myself to do a documented bass challenge for 1 year to see how I progress and proceed for there. I started a challenge for guitar last year and I'm proud of the progress I made so I'm going to put my extra energy into bass. I'm super excited to get started! One spin of any S.O.S Band song motivates me to no end.

I'm absolutely new to the bass. I've played acoustic/electric guitar on and off over the last few years so I think I do have somewhat of a head start with fretting, the fretboard, and some other stuff. Other than that, I'm sure there's much to learn. Bring it! A few months ago I had 2 acoustic guitars sitting around that I wasn't using and I went to a music store to see if I could get some trade-in value on them. I've been wanting a bass for years as I was already picking out bass lines by ear on my guitars. The trades-in were a success. I left with Kandi, the red p-bass.

Suuuppppper excited to be here, yall!
    Last edited by jusca; 09-16-2013 at 08:43 AM. Reason: grammar

Welcome, Jessica! Glad to have you with us. When your course arrives, drop me an email or private message with the secret code from within the package and we will upgrade you to full status, where you will have access to our private, students only sections!

- low life -

Welcome to the journey to the low end, Jessica. If you are like me, you'll find that playing the bass adds a whole new appreciation for the "bottom" line and what it brings to music.

Work through each lesson and don't rush. Make sure you've got the previous lesson fully under control before you move on. The training in one lesson builds upon what the previous lesson(s) brought and if you move too soon you are likely to be frustrated, or learn bad habits trying to play what you aren't ready for yet.

Lots of help/encouragement here. Keep us in the loop as you work through TMBG.

Default new adventure into bassland

Welcome welcome to Thunder Row Jessica!!! You will be so surprised at how much you will learn by lesson 3 which is where I am right now. I restarted TMBG because I was playing primarily with a pick and wanted to start playing finger style instead. It's a lot of fun and everyone here is super awesome and super helpful!

Welcome, Jessica. Need help? Have any questions? put them up and someone here will have the answer. Once you are a full member, check out the resource and lesson sections as well. There is a lot of helpful material there as well.

Brian

howdy

Welcome! You scored on a super deal this weekend!

I got my course a short time ago. I was taken at the very helpful members here, and good/positive attitudes. When you get full status you will be able to buy us all a beverage of choice

Welcome to The Row, Jessica. I too started on guitar then moved to bass. Now I rarely have a desire to pick up the guitar. I hope you enjoy your bass journey as much as I. Stick around on these forums, it can surely help keep you motivated. Good luck.

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! One more day and the package should be here. -goes back to pacing the floor-