Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hello! I'm Reno. Senior aged bass student trying to Learn.

1. Smile Hello! I'm Reno. Senior aged bass student trying to Learn.

Born in NYC but living in Atlanta Georgia. I have a P Bass and a Warwick semi hollow body AB90.
    I'm an ex drummer so I seem to have a excellent ability to keep a grove. Just purchased the Bass Course and looking forward to digging into it. I love the 60's & 70' rock music and also involved listening to a lot of Blues. Jazz is nice freestyle I would love to learn to play.

Doe's anybody have feedback on the New Gibson ES335 Bass? I seem to be falling in love with it, but it's almost $2,000.

Ciao !

howdy

Welcome! NYC to Atlanta...wow. You don't type with an accent!

No info on the Gibson, Talk Bass forum may have a review by a player rather than a PR guy. Roy pops in over there on occasion, he may have something.

I have been active here for a few weeks, kicked the tires for months and finally got my TMBG. I am enjoying it, I just need to get better faster...

Nice bunch of folks here, different levels of ability and patience. A refreshing change from some of the keyboard warrior sites.

Enjoy your journey.

Welcome to Thunder Row and TMBG, Reno. Glade to have you aboard!!!
    Always remember to enjoy where you're at on the way to where you're going!!!

Hi Reno - Welcome to the Row. I think you'll find a lot of your fellow TMBGers are of a certain vintage, and share your enthusiasm for music of the 60s and 70s (even earlier!). That's the beauty of the course; age doesn't matter. If you want to learn bass, this is the place to be, regardless of your age. (The youngest TMBG owner, thus far, started when he was seven. The oldest picked up the course for his 83 birthday. Chances are you fall within those demographics!) Great to have you with us!

5. Default

Welcome, Reno! No doubt your experience as a drummer will come in handy as you work your way through TMBG!

Welcome Reno007 !! My kinda guy 60's 70's OH YEA!!!

Line6bassmanTR
    GO LOW!!!STAY HIGH!!!ON BASS THAT IS!!!

Welcome Reno!!! Glad to have you here!

Welcome to The Row, Reno!

Welcome, Reno! Enjoy the lessons and the company!

- low life -

welcome to the ROW OF THUNDER!!!
    Nothing like a Great Bottom end!