Thread: Law Enforcement Interaction 09/14/2013

Default Law Enforcement Interaction 09/14/2013

So we had our first show with my new band, good gig, great crowd. We are playing in a neighborhood for a birthday party. About four songs in, the cops come from the yard behinds us and tell us we are good load and they need to shut us down. Fortunately there are lots of their buddies (other cops) in the crowd so they let us continue IF we turn down...so we do. But as the night goes on, the more the crowd is into it the more we are into it and before long we are back at rock and roll volume. So about halfway through the second set, they come back. "You guys sound great, but we are going to have to shut it down" . So we had a pretty good first night out, despite the early halt.

See video in the gig thread.

AB

LW Gold Standard 5
    Carvin/Kiesel - Icon5, BB75, PB5, LB70
    Fender - Pbass (DiMarzio Ultra P pickups, Warmoth Jazz neck), American Deluxe PJ, MIJ Walnut Jazz, American Elite Jazz
    Alembic Spoiler
    Rickenbacker 4003s
    Rickenbacker 4001 (1977)
    Spector Euro 4 LX
    Ken Smith BT4
    Musicman Stingray
    Power by Carvin B1000 through Markbass 2x10 Traveler (x2) (MarkBass Nano for practice/small gigs)

Somebody turn up the Bass!

www.engine14.com
    www.facebook.com/engine14band[/SIZE]

Sounds like a blast!

- low life -

Gotta watch out for volume issues at outdoor venues!

Glad it went well, for as long as it went . . .

I play in front of my house every 4th of July. I go to ALL my neighbors with a flyer... WARNING them of the impending assult and an INVITATION with FREE home brew BEER! I had the cops come by and wave once.. but never shut down!
    Nothing like a Great Bottom end!

Well, it was an interesting way to start our band...first gig, cops come. We were thinking of changing our name to "Criminal Citation" what do you guys think?

LW Gold Standard 5
    Carvin/Kiesel - Icon5, BB75, PB5, LB70
    Fender - Pbass (DiMarzio Ultra P pickups, Warmoth Jazz neck), American Deluxe PJ, MIJ Walnut Jazz, American Elite Jazz
    Alembic Spoiler
    Rickenbacker 4003s
    Rickenbacker 4001 (1977)
    Spector Euro 4 LX
    Ken Smith BT4
    Musicman Stingray
    Power by Carvin B1000 through Markbass 2x10 Traveler (x2) (MarkBass Nano for practice/small gigs)

Somebody turn up the Bass!

www.engine14.com
    www.facebook.com/engine14band[/SIZE]