+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Different Music Magazines

Default Different Music Magazines

When Arlene and I were in the city the other weekend, I did not make it to the music store, ( no need to fuel my G.A.S.) but I did get to a book store and came across two magazines which may be of interest to the folks on the Row.

The first is Bass Guitar Magazine, from the U.K. I am sure Paul and others are well aquainted with it, but I had never seen a copy before. It contained an interesting collection of articles including ones on players who are not well known in North America. It is a bit expensive at $12.00 an isssue, but I will probably buy again.

The second one is Canadian Musician. While not devoted to bass, it contained enough information on the business and theory of music that, again, I will check out other issues.

Brian

I had gotten Bass Guitar Magazine for quite a few years back when (and all the rest). but stop a long time ago. (money)
    Not sure where it is but if you look up my post from long ago I believe I put a list of them from bass mags ((I think?) to all the
    music mags for music and recording on computer etc. Now if I had to pick but would not anymore because, but I would have to check and see if they started putting bass tabs trans etc, mp3s back in it and being a guitarist also and I could have one mag over them all it would be that fit me the best it would be http://www.myfavouritemagazines.co.u...-subscription/ Guitarist magazine!!
    It had all kinds of bass related in it!! Loved it till they stopped all the bass related Items. And started Bass Guitar Magazine, from the U.K. But thanks for the reminder of it because I'm going to look and see what they have in it again that relates to bass. I have years of it still and tons of bass related sounds on hard drives from all the years I did get it!! Loved it!!

Line6bassmanTR
    GO LOW!!!STAY HIGH!!!ON BASS THAT IS!!!

Bass Guitar Magazine (U.K.) sponsors the London Bass Show, which Ralph, Ashley, and I have attended and at which TMBG has had a booth. We're looking into doing it again next year (March 2-3, I believe) and, for TMBGers in the U.K., a great opportunity to get a glimpse (and try out) new gear, as well as meet some of the world's premiere bassists! I think it costs 15 pounds, or thereabouts, to attend, and it's well worth it! Mark your calendars. You can learn more at http://www.bassguitarmagazine.com/
    Ed.

I have periodically picked up a wide variety of Bass related magazines however, have not found any one consistently relevant enough for me to subscribe. Tend to browse them at the magazine counter and pick one up if it looks relevant.

Brian is correct that I know BGM. In fact, I have subscribed to it for years and it is where I first spotted TMBG.

It has recently changed editor and seems still to be re-defining itself. The jury is out for me at the moment, although there are always good teaching articles at various levels of difficulty.

For iPad users, it is available as a (much cheaper) subscription.
    Shine on you crazy diamond.....

Bass Player is another big time magazine.

- low life -

+ Reply to Thread