Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NCD (new cab day)

Default NCD (new cab day)

A couple of weeks ago, I swapped my Ampeg PF 500 head for the new PF 800. (That's 300 more!!) Last night I picked up and this morning I installed a second Ampeg PF 115 HE cabinet on top of the older one, creating a spiffy and rather imposing stack in my practice room. I'm a bit scared, but the cats seem fine with it. What have I done?

You've just succumbed to the GAS monster. It will demand more and MORE and MORE

YES, it will never be satisfied, now that you have a stack, the next thing that will pop in your mind will be the 10 inch speakers.... ooooops sorry
    Nothing like a Great Bottom end!

Quote Originally Posted by Ditto View Post
    YES, it will never be satisfied, now that you have a stack, the next thing that will pop in your head will be the 10 inch speakers.... ooooops sorry
    Pedals, effect stomp boxes, a new strap, strings, GruvGear fret wraps (which really work well, BTW), gear trolley, cab fur, platform shoes...

Heh, heh...

- low life -

So, you SAY that you have a new amp and cab, but I don't see a PICTURE. And I know that you have a nice RECORDER, because I've seen it. So, may I ASSUME that a PICTURE and RECORDING are forthcoming? Anyway, congrats on your new acquisitions.
    Bass Rx When Feeling Blue:
    I I I I IV IV I I V IV I I
    Repeat As Necessary.

(Minor Variations Allowed)

Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
    So, you SAY that you have a new amp and cab, but I don't see a PICTURE. And I know that you have a nice RECORDER, because I've seen it. So, may I ASSUME that a PICTURE and RECORDING are forthcoming? Anyway, congrats on your new acquisitions.
    Yes pictures and audio are mandatory...

LW Gold Standard 5
    Carvin/Kiesel - Icon5, BB75, PB5, LB70
    Fender - Pbass (DiMarzio Ultra P pickups, Warmoth Jazz neck), American Deluxe PJ, MIJ Walnut Jazz, American Elite Jazz
    Alembic Spoiler
    Rickenbacker 4003s
    Rickenbacker 4001 (1977)
    Spector Euro 4 LX
    Ken Smith BT4
    Musicman Stingray
    Power by Carvin B1000 through Markbass 2x10 Traveler (x2) (MarkBass Nano for practice/small gigs)

Somebody turn up the Bass!

www.engine14.com
    www.facebook.com/engine14band[/SIZE]

Congrats on the pickup! I have a GK 700 watt head, and it's so loud that I can barely crack it off 0 when I'm playing. Barely cracked off 0 shakes the floor. Can't wait to see pics of this new stack o' badness!

Okay, okay. You guys are such sticklers! Here are two shots - one of the stack and one with my two full-sized basses added for extra goodness. Now get off my back!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1020011-800.jpg 
Views:	124 
Size:	87.9 KB 
ID:	3500 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1020012-800.jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	83.1 KB 
ID:	3501

By the way, the basses are a Lakland Skyline Hollowbody (love it!) and a Fender American Standard Jazz (recently purchased as a more robust bass for travel to events such as bass camp).

What scale length is the Lakland Skyline? Looks short compared to the Jazz. How much does it weigh?

They are both 34". The headstock on the Lakland is 2 1/2" shorter than that on the Jazz which makes it look shorter. The Lakland weighs about 8 1/2 lbs while the Jazz is around 10. (Lakland recently started making a 30" scale hollowbody that has a different body shape.) And, Tobiasman, given your moniker you'd be interested to know that the hollowbody was designed in collaboration with Tobias.
    Last edited by ArtLiestman; 10-21-2013 at 07:31 PM.