Poll: In terms of Reviews and Interviews...

Thread: Thunder Row Interviews and Album Reviews

Default Thunder Row Interviews and Album Reviews

Okay, everybody. This is a poll for ALL of our Members and Visitors.

I just read this article from The Daily Beast. Have a look and get the wheels of opinion turning.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/article...reporting.html

Once you've read it, vote in our poll. I want to know how y'all enjoy our album reviews and artist interviews.

You don't have to be a member to vote, but you DO have to sign up in order to comment. If you want to comment off the boards, you can email me directly with your opinions. Elmeaux@thelearningdock.com I can post the comments for you as ANONYMOUS.

PS... as a long-time writer, I am mature enough to handle criticism, as long as it is not cruel or hateful. Serious, constructive remarks are always welcome!
    Last edited by Elmeaux; 03-19-2014 at 09:00 AM.

- low life -

2. Default

Whenever I read an article, review, or interview on the Row, I know it will be intelligent, instructive, and insightful. You do a great job, Elmeaux. If anything, I'd like to see readers weigh in with reviews on what they're listening to, equipment they're using, things they're learning, etc. Keep up the good work!

seeing that everyone must be politically correct. Most people are afraid to tell the truth they might hurt someones feelings. Lets face it the state of the music industry has been going downhill each year. How can you review or rate someone that is hiding behind effects and autotuners. So you rate the next noticeable thing. Their clothing or what they are eating or drinking.
    Last edited by harleyman888; 03-19-2014 at 11:51 AM.

I agree pretty much with the Daily Beast writer's take on the mass media, and even most of the music publications. Zero information on "music", lots on the "Bieber-style" antics etc. I purchase very few music magazines anymore - even Bass Player has gotten shallow.

Rant On.
    I think that is the nature of the capitalist beast - to exercise control over every bit of the product stream (including the media) to "market" your product. Feed the masses the pap they've been told they "want/need" and nothing else.

Rant Off

Guess I feel better now.

Elmeaux, I do appreciate the thought that you, in particular, put into your interviews/reviews. Your thoughtful descriptions of the "music" have lead me to explore new artists - and that is what it is all about! Thanks lady!!!

I sorta thought it might be fun to send this poll to The Daily Beast, just to show them that we at Thunder Row still care about music, and couldn't care less about branding, or hair, or clothes, or who's dating whom, etc. Not all reviews/interviews are going downhill. (I hope).

- low life -

i think what he said is a fair assessment of main stream media. but that is his two cents worth.i look at it this way when i was in my teens. i could not stand top forty radio. so i went to this great new world of FM. BUT I WAS NOT HAPPY THERE SO I went under ground.and there i found a whole new world of music like.greatfuldead butterfield blues band.country joe and the fish.savotbrown and many others we just wanted to hear great music.the media HATED theses bands.because THEY WERE NOT MAIN STREAM it is just a job to them . but to a true music writer, you just have to love the music. and that is why i really like the interviews that OUR OWN ELMEAUX dose. because SHE REALLY LOVES WHAT SHE DOSE, SHE LOVES THE MUSIC AND THE PEOPLE WHO MAKE IT.
    FOR US TO HEAR. SO THANK YOU ELMEAUX. much love for all that you do
    Let's Play Bass!

Default Thunder Row Interviews and Album Reviews

Wait. So you're telling me Bieber hair is NOT cool? I can't believe that! People magazine said it was "in". Hahaha!

Great job Elmeaux!!! You rule!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by DONNIE B View Post
    i think what he said is a fair assessment of main stream media. but that is his two cents worth.i look at it this way when i was in my teens. i could not stand top forty radio. so i went to this great new world of FM. BUT I WAS NOT HAPPY THERE SO I went under ground.and there i found a whole new world of music like.greatfuldead butterfield blues band.country joe and the fish.savotbrown and many others we just wanted to hear great music.the media HATED theses bands.because THEY WERE NOT MAIN STREAM it is just a job to them . but to a true music writer, you just have to love the music. and that is why i really like the interviews that OUR OWN ELMEAUX dose. because SHE REALLY LOVES WHAT SHE DOSE, SHE LOVES THE MUSIC AND THE PEOPLE WHO MAKE IT.
    FOR US TO HEAR. SO THANK YOU ELMEAUX. much love for all that you do
    Ya Donnie a lot of people really missed out on the groups you mentioned and a lot of others.....
    GO LOW!!!STAY HIGH!!!ON BASS THAT IS!!!