+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Best supplements to TMBG

Default Best supplements to TMBG

I'm on Chapter 5 and really enjoying the DVD set so far. Learning tons...I'm realizing though that there are some holes that probably need to be filled with supplementary learning. For example reading music. It doesn't really get into this but it's obvious it would be a good skill to have to follow along with Roy.

I just found this site for learning sight reading. It's $30/year but looks pretty good.

My question is, what are the best supplements (ideally free of course) you've found to TMBG? Apps? Websites? Youtube vids? etc.

Scott's Bass Lessons has been a great supplement for me to TMBG.

Looks great, thanks!

I have found basslessonshq is good. That is Lane Baldwin, held in high regard around these parts.

studybass has lots of good articles and the bass clef tutor. Scott Devine seems to be a great guy and very talented. A lot of good stuff for free. Paul Wolfe emails lessons that are very helpful to noobs like me, as does Scott. Paul's are a bit easier to digest as they are specific song how-to's.

I find youtube to be where a lot of peeps show their chop (singular mostly). It can be a black hole of guitar store shreds that will suck away your practice time. There are some amazing players, but a lot of cheese also, choose wisely.

All of the above are free, or offer subscriptions also.
    Last edited by panhead; 04-02-2014 at 03:25 PM.

+ Reply to Thread