+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New book day! (2 x)

Default New book day! (2 x)

Well I got my package delivered today and I couldn't be happier!

The 2 books are : Serious Electric Bass Playing, by Joel Di Bartolo. A book with 272 pages full of scales, arpeggio's and chords. Melodic, harmonic, minor, major, diminished, augmented, etc. etc.

Looks really good!

The other book is called : Muziek op papier (that's Dutch for Music on paper). It has 246 pages that explains as much as possible about theory and how to apply this to music. It's not for bassists only. It works well for guitarist, drummers, violinists, trumpeters and everything between it. Also it covers every style of music and it's usable for everybody, beginner or professional.

The main reason I bought this book is because in Dutch, basicly everything has a different name than in English.

For example : notes that are sharp have ''is'' behind it. So that would be : Ais, Cis, Dis, Fis and Gis. Flat notes have ''es'' behind them : As, Bes, Des, Es, Ges. And that is only a small example.Not to mention all the other names for Minor, Major, Third, Fifth, etc. etc.

Well, for the first book : I would recommend it to you all. An excellent book that is (in my opion) a must have for every bass player!!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CAM00172.jpg 
Views:	275 
Size:	91.0 KB 
ID:	3816
    Never give up

Looks like you've got some good material there, Thomas!

- low life -

I sure have Elmeaux! I was surprised about that dutch book how everything has a different name. On the otherhand not so bad, now I have something new (and extra) to learn
    Never give up

+ Reply to Thread