Thread: Checking my technique

Default Checking my technique

For the other beginners out there- I bought a new combo, and this one has a gain setting. This evidently is a sensitivity setting to optimize the voltage going to the pre-amp. Adjusting it according to the manufacutres recommendations brought a new clarity to my sound. Unfortunately, or fortunately depending on point of view, all the dragged shifts, accidental string touches and inadequate muteing were projected in to the room with crystal clarity. Now that my inadequicies of technique are so obvious, I can go about fixing them. In the mean time, Arlene...do you have any of those hair scrunchy things....

Brian

Yep, when you get better gear, it tends to make technique problems stand out. Two good things come out of this.

1) you get to play better gear
    2) you get a chance to improve your playing

3. Default

And... you get to find out now instead of when you're at a gig or recording session. It's a good thing, right???

Yup. And 2 years later, it remains something I work on constantly, but a lot of progress has been made.
    Brian

Also, don't forget that when you play with others, a lot of that noise is drowned out by the others. Still, it's good to work on cleaning things up.

- low life -