Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Information on Lane Baldwin 6/04/2014

Default Information on Lane Baldwin 6/04/2014

This is going out to all of Lane Baldwin's fans and friends. Lane suffered a major setback a few days ago and had to be rushed to the hospital by ambulance. They are treating him with antibiotics but there is a possibility that he may need to go through the entire surgical process all over again. That means 2 more surgeries and another 6 months to recuperate.
    I'm sure you know that Lane's only income is from his gigs. While he is laid up in the hospital, there can be no gigs. If he needs to go through more surgical procedures, that means no more gigs for a few months. The life of a musician is not all that glamorous regardless of what some of you may think. Sadly, although the income stops, the bills don't. Rent and utilities need to be paid.
    Our Blues family is a tight one. I'm coming to you with a huge request. If you can donate $1 or $5 or $50 it will be gratefully appreciated. And I'm making it easy for you. If you have a PayPal account, you can make a secure donation on line. All you need is your log on information and Lane's e-mail address (lane@lanebaldwin.com). Any help you can give will go directly into Lane's bank account. He's already late paying his rent this month due to this recent setback. I thank you from the bottom of my heart for helping. And I know Lane does too.
    lane@lanebaldwin.com is all you need to help out.
    Thank you and may God bless.
    ps: Please feel free to share. Lane needs all the prayers, love and support he can get during this difficult period.

Line6bassmanTR
    GO LOW!!!STAY HIGH!!!ON BASS THAT IS!!!

Already sent my donation! And plenty of good vibes!

- low life -

cool!!......

My donation was not much, but I hope it helps!!!
    Always remember to enjoy where you're at on the way to where you're going!!!

Donation will be on its way first thing in the morning. Thanks Line6! Keep us updated.

Our prayers go out for Lane.

David

Quote Originally Posted by SilverFlame46 View Post
    My donation was not much, but I hope it helps!!!

No amount is too small when helping a friend! You done good, Brother.

- low life -

Wow, this is some bad news indeed.

Last thing I heard about Lane was early this year when she told me he was rushed for surgery but I thought he was recovering well.

Anyway, I don't have that much money to share at this moment, but I hope to be able to send him some more later this (or next) week.

Lots of wishes as prayers from his friend in Belgium.
    Fender 2012 American Standard Precision Bass (Left-handed)
    Fender '59 Bassman LTD.

Lane just posted on FB that he is home again. Sounds like good news, but don't have any more info.

Hi, all y'all! And thank you VERY MUCH for your concern. It's been a tough year, to say the least.

I'm happy to report that I was able to avoid third and fourth operations - at least for now. I am again home, but on strict orders to REST REST REST!!! Very restricted clear liquid diet until further notice.

After the second surgery, which reconnected my colon, a small tear developed at the "seam" where it was reattached. A few days later, all the detritus came bursting through the drainage hole left in my abdomen after the surgery. Scary and gross in equal measures. The doctor was VERY close to ordering further surgery, and I fairly begged her to wait to see if the tear would heal itself. It took about a week to be confident the tear was healing, and they let me come home. It's been a couple of weeks now, and the doctor is pleased with my recovery, but still hasn't ruled out further surgery.

Including medical expenses, my total outlay is just about $500/week. I know times are tight for everyone, and appreciate VERY MUCH whatever anyone can do. All I want is to heal and get my life back! The CD is ready to manufacture, the band is ready to tour, and we are working on a tentative schedule for the last half of the year. I just need to get through the next couple of months.

So... that's the outline. And again, thank you all for your concern and your support! God bless...
    Ask not what Bass can do for you...
    Ask what YOU can do for Bass.

Coming Soon:
    The View From Here

Join me on the Web:
    LaneBaldwin.com
    BassLessonsHQ.com

LIKE me on Facebook:
    Lane Baldwin
    Bass Lessons HQ

Follow me on Twitter

Thanks bro wishing the best for you. You rest you hear? I try to talk to you soon!!!