+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Update on Donnie b

Default Update on Donnie b

Sorry to report but Don is back in the hospital - been running a fever from the laser radiation - he has been fighting a long battle with this cancer and the doctors say his body just is wearing down - he was better yesterday and is looking forward to coming back home - and he has decided that he is done battling with the chemo - there w ont be any more treatments and he will just enjoy the time left doing his music, enjoying his family, and living life to the fullest - he has shown remarkable strength thru all of this and he has enjoyed getting to know all of you on the Row - we aren't putting a timeline on this because Don has exceeded all that they have done and he is comfortable letting the Lord make the final decision. Thank you all for your prayers and support. Our family has really appreciated it and I am sure when he comes home in a day or two he will be back on here to chat with you all - he says he wants to continue playing his music - his youngest grandson has been coming by and wants to learn the guitar too so he has to become a teacher this summer and give him some music lessons on guitar - another thing for him to accomplish - and they will be making music together -thank you all again - Brenda Burpee
    Let's Play Bass!

The fact that this news is not entirely unexpected does not make it any less unwelcome. As always, my thoughts and hopes go out to you both.
    Brian

Thanks Brenda. Tell Donnie I will give him a buzz in a couple of days if that's OK? Hopefully he will be home by then and let us know when he is home or PM me here are em address. Thanks

Line6bassmanTR
    GO LOW!!!STAY HIGH!!!ON BASS THAT IS!!!

Donnie demonstrates all that is good in the human heart. And by being the man that he is, he draws out the best in all of us.

Prayers to you, Donnie. I still have the little wooden plaque you made for me. Thanks again for thinking of me.

Hope to hear from you when you get home!

- low life -

Thanks for the update, Brenda.

Donnie is a man of great character, and someone that has been an inspiration to me. His cup is never half empty, always half full!!!

I do respect Donnie's decision and wish him the very best. Having a grandson interested in your music is certainly an incentive.

Prayers for Donnie.

One of the best men I have ever come across.
    Shine on you crazy diamond.....

Sad news, indeed, but I can totally understand and respect Donnie's decision. Quality is better than quantity, especially with a grandson itching to learn to play guitar!

Looking forward to seeing Donnie again 'round here, and hearing about his side teaching job!

Default donnie b

thank you all for your thoughts and prayers - hopefullly he is coming home today (Thurs) trying to get everything set up for him to be home
    Let's Play Bass!

Hey everyone. Any updates on Donnie?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

+ Reply to Thread