Thread: Luthier list?

Default Luthier list?

I have a suggestion, err, question for the admin staff. Is there a list somewhere, or could you guys start one, of competent luthiers that members could access and find a reliable luthier near their location? Perhaps it could be compiled by recommendations from members. It would be of great help to many I believe.

To start, if you are in or around East Texas, the go-to-guy is Kelly Barbour at Action Sound in Hawkins, TX.
    "There is no such thing as a bad note, just a bad resolution." - Damian Erskine

Squier Vintage Modified Jazz Bass 70's
    Ibanez SR4XXV
    Fender Select Precision Bass
    Markbass Little Mark Tube 800
    Markbass New York 122 cabinet
    Pigtronix Philosopher Bass Compressor
    Sonic Research Turbo Tuner ST-200
    Voodoo Lab Pedal Power 2 Plus
    The Mini Bone pedalboard by Gator
    Monster Bass cables

Hi, Kimgee. Thanks for the suggestion. I could install a new forum where members can make recommendations on Luthiers they have used. Is this what you're going for?

- low life -

One of the best out there and in Fl. Is Mick Donner in Tampa at Guitar Repair of Tampa Bay. he does most of Jeff Berlins work. http://www.guitarrepairoftampabay.com I have yet to have work done by him. He is making some amazing guitars and basses out of native Florida woods.

Bob MacBlane is the go to guy in Central New York.
    Ibanez SR1200
    Ibanez AFB200
    Carvin MB210

I HAVE GONE TO THE GUITAR FACTORY IN Orlando fl.great work and they will treat you great . has done a lot of work for a lot of the old school rockers.
    Let's Play Bass!

This is a list from Best Bass Gear:

http://www.bestbassgear.com/bass-tech.htm

Hope it helps.

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by Elmeaux View Post
    Hi, Kimgee. Thanks for the suggestion. I could install a new forum where members can make recommendations on Luthiers they have used. Is this what you're going for?
    That would be great!

Thanks for the tip. I had been to their website, but had no feedback on them. I will give them a try.