Thread: Rumble or Cube??

Default Rumble or Cube??

Hey gang!! Got GAS and getting relief soon!!
    No but really, I'm looking into getting a Fender 500 watt Rumble or a 120 Roland cube amp. Anyone own one of these?
    What do you think about them etc? I leaning to the 500 watt rumble!! They must be selling like hot cakes, always a long wait on those... Well that's it Thanks.

Line6bassmanTR

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKYP3Gpfurk

GO LOW!!!STAY HIGH!!!ON BASS THAT IS!!!

Tough choice. I've tried both brands and love 'em both! Rumbles are heavy sounding amps with lotsa depth and strength. When a Rumble speaks, everybody in the neighbourhood knows it! Cubes have a more clearly defind sound and the ability to capture crisp tones. It's still a full, deep sound, but I think it's a little less brutal and thunderous than the Rumble. If I had my way, I would have one of each. I sold my Cube and I still regret it. I also love the presets on the Cube. Because I bought a Zoom B3 for my Rumble, I can still enjoy effects, but the Cube had its effects built in and ready to go at the turn of a dial. With the B3 hooked up to the Rumble, she can capture all the crisper tones that the Cube does on its own. It also depends on your bass, too. The amp will reflect what your bass can produce. The solution is simple, l6b.. get one of each. A Rumble 500 will peel plaster off the wall. The Cube 120 break the chips into a fine powder.

- low life -

I had a Rumble 150 which I truly loved. The only reason we parted ways was because it was too bulky. I went with a separate head/cab for ease of portability and about 850 more watts of power (not that I really need it). My first guitar amp was a Roland Cube 30x. It was a great amp, having several built-in features and a sound that was pleasing to my novice ear. It worked great for years until one day is suddenly didn't work at all. I had to take it apart to reach the inaccessible fuse that turns out, wasn't the culprit. Apparently, something in the circuit board or the power switch must have gone bad. No visible breaks anywhere. The Cube was still on my short list when I was deciding on my first bass amp.
    "There is no such thing as a bad note, just a bad resolution." - Damian Erskine

Squier Vintage Modified Jazz Bass 70's
    Ibanez SR4XXV
    Fender Select Precision Bass
    Markbass Little Mark Tube 800
    Markbass New York 122 cabinet
    Pigtronix Philosopher Bass Compressor
    Sonic Research Turbo Tuner ST-200
    Voodoo Lab Pedal Power 2 Plus
    The Mini Bone pedalboard by Gator
    Monster Bass cables

Yea it looks like I'm going to go with the Rumble 500!! I already have my Line6 Bass Pod for effects so I'm going for it!!
    All I have to do now is wait till close to the end of July since every place you can get them from won't have then till then.
    Hey and for $499.95 shipping etc for everything I don't think it's a bad deal at all!!

Line6bassmanTR
    GO LOW!!!STAY HIGH!!!ON BASS THAT IS!!!

I don't think I've ever played through a Roland before, but I often use the Rumble 500's when I'm trying gear out. Definitely a decent amp. I think you'll be happy with it!