+ Reply to Thread

Thread: No, I didn't say that, it's Jammit..

Default No, I didn't say that, it's Jammit..

Hey!! Have we discuss this here before? If not here it is...

http://www.jammit.com/

Line6bassmanTR
    GO LOW!!!STAY HIGH!!!ON BASS THAT IS!!!

Me loves effects gear.

- low life -

i need an I phone.
    Let's Play Bass!

I have this on my desktop and on both my iPhone and iPad with a few songs loaded but have never actually used it to learn a song. Playing around with it, it does work as advertised. It's really cool that you can isolate the bass or remove it. You can also slow the song to make learning easier. You can toggle between written notation or tab, but not both. There is an available click track too. The songs are priced from a few free jam tracks of various genres to $5.99/song. The main drawback is that the library is very limited. It leans heavily toward hard rock and metal with some representation of blues and country. There is quite a bit of Yes and Rush. They even have a few Christmas songs. For those of you that are multi-instrumental, if you want the same song with different instruments (or vocals) isolated, you will pay separately. All-in-all, it is pretty neat and could be beneficial for learning a particular song or using one of their jam tracks.
    "There is no such thing as a bad note, just a bad resolution." - Damian Erskine

Squier Vintage Modified Jazz Bass 70's
    Ibanez SR4XXV
    Fender Select Precision Bass
    Markbass Little Mark Tube 800
    Markbass New York 122 cabinet
    Pigtronix Philosopher Bass Compressor
    Sonic Research Turbo Tuner ST-200
    Voodoo Lab Pedal Power 2 Plus
    The Mini Bone pedalboard by Gator
    Monster Bass cables

Interesting technology. Too bad it is focussed on hard rock/metal, neither of which are my preferences.

For those interested in worship band music, there is a very good system from Musicadamy/Worship Backing Band which has a multi track player that lets you isolate the bass, up to 2 guitar parts, 2 keyboard parts, drums, percussion and vocals, along with a click track, or a more subtle shaker track. You can isolate any part, combine any parts you want, use only the instruments you don't have in your band, change keys and speed. You need a computer to operate the player (don't know if they have a version that runs on phones).

The song list is now a couple hundred songs long.

http://www.musicademy.com/multitrack-backing-tracks/

I have the older version of the player (a little less flexible than the current one) and the band has purchased about 50 songs. We don't use this to play with, but as a training/developmental tool to isolate parts and remind some folks how infrequently the entire band should be wailing away at the same time. When our electric guitarist forgets this and gets to the point that he thinks he needs to play, loudly, all the time, we break out the multi track and demonstrate (again) just how very tasty it is when the guitar is used as an accent instrument. We also use it when we are breaking in a new keyboard player, most of whom come from a piano background and don't understand that they aren't the only instrument playing!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DONNIE B View Post
    i need an I phone.
    How's it going Donnie?
    GO LOW!!!STAY HIGH!!!ON BASS THAT IS!!!

+ Reply to Thread