Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Article: Gas When You Least Expect It

Default Article: Gas When You Least Expect It

- low life -

Nice... I love that LOW B when I want to ratlle the house..

Rusty is a beauty.

Congratulations on the new arrival.

Congratulation, Elmeaux. She's a beauty!!!

5. Default

You realize, of course, at which point you lost your capacity to behave rationally. It's captured in the phrase "I stopped into the music store", which is very much like the man who, on his way home from an AA meeting, says to himself: "I'm just going to pop into this bar and get a glass of water, maybe a few peanuts…" That said, she's a beautiful baby.

Welcome to the extended range bass world. That low B will rock the house when you want to stir things up. The extra string really doesn't change much about how you play. You have that low D that is so often useful (no drop D tuning, or Hipshot detuner needed!) and a little different tone when you play up the neck on that B string.

Very nice looking bass - a jazz configuration.

We have to have a player review ya know!

Quote Originally Posted by TobiasMan View Post
    We have to have a player review ya know!
    Gimme about a week to form an intelligent opinion. ...if that's possible...

- low life -

Quote Originally Posted by thunderman View Post
    You realize, of course, at which point you lost your capacity to behave rationally. It's captured in the phrase "I stopped into the music store".
    Sigh... I know. I was actually in there for my nephew. He plays guitar and also loves to drift through music stores. We have about five of them within a couple of city blocks. The first one we tried was Long & McQuade, but they closed at 6 pm, so I suggested we try Quest Musique. They were open till 7 pm. We justed started browsing through the guitars and amps. I knew I would eventually end up in the bass section. The guy asked if we needed any help. Just on a whim, I asked him if he had anything decent in a budget priced entry level five string. He showed me a few five-stringers, the cheapest of which was the LTD. It was on sale for about $480.00. I said "meh", indicating I wasn't really prepared to shell out that much at this time. He offered to knock off another $80.00, bringing her down to a flat $400.00. Well, I mean... what could I say? I mean, I'm only human, right?

I've seen these for about $350.00-$400.00 online, but that's in the US. To get her here, I'd have to add shipping and exchange. I figured I actually saved about $200.00. Based purely on logic and rationality, I HAD to buy this bass.

I paid the guy, gave him my Thunder Row business card, told him about our upcoming bass camp, and dropped a few names of the guest musicians, current and past. We had a nice chin wag. Then I departed the premise.

Um... then I went back in and collected my nephew. Heh, heh...

- low life -

PS... I've ordered a fresh set of DR Neons. Yellow. My fave of all the colours, they'll go well with the brownish motif.

Other than the tortoiseshell pick guard, Rusty could be my fretless's big sister. They are almost identical!

You have great taste Elmeaux.