+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Me Update

Default Me Update

Just want to apologise for not having much to contribute lately. I'm battling a hateful viral infection that has knocked me on my butt. Expected duration is another four weeks or so. Good stuff is in the works for Thunder Row, though. Stay tuned!

- low life -

Yuck! Hope you get better sooner. Hang in there, Meaux!

No FUN, GET WELL SOON!!!
    Always remember to enjoy where you're at on the way to where you're going!!!

Get well soon, Elmeaux.
    Ibanez SR1200
    Ibanez AFB200
    Carvin MB210

Get well. Good thing Winnepeg has the nation's only class 4 containment lab. Would you like their number???
    Brian

I think I have that number, Brian! Hee hee.

Thank you for all the warm wishes.

It's official, Brothers and Sisters. Me has shingles. I've never been so sick in my life. First it was several days of excruciating pain, and then suddenly I started erupted in a big band of these evil, hatefully sore lesions in a wrap-around pattern from front to back on the left side of my torso. They've been erupting into blisters, and weeping-- well, no need for the gory details. Suffice to say it hurts when the wind blows past me. My entire left side feels like it's on fire, and that somebody is rubbing me all over with fibreglass insulation.

Anybody ever get this? I wonder how you're still alive. I could be in for another four weeks of this madness. Wish me luck.
    Last edited by Elmeaux; 08-03-2014 at 11:05 AM.

- low life -

Hi Elmeaux,

Sorry to hear that you are not feeling well. I had a mild case of shingles several years ago. Anyone who has had Chickenpox can develop shingles (it's the same virus). I don't remember it being as painful as you describe (like I said, it was a mild case) but it freaked me out because I didn't know what it was, and I couldn't get an appointment to see my Doctor for a couple of weeks. The current recommendation is that people in their 60's should be inoculated for shingles. I got a prescription for that last year but never got it done. I need to do that soon.

Hope you feel better soon.

Regards,

DaveB
    Bass Rx When Feeling Blue:
    I I I I IV IV I I V IV I I
    Repeat As Necessary.

(Minor Variations Allowed)

Sorry to hear that, Elmeaux. I hope you start feeling better soon!

I'm deep into the I think I'm going to die from pain phase. Workin' through, y'all. Somebody get me a bullet to bite down on!

- low life -

Hang in there El Mo. We're all rootin' fer ya......

Ain't no silver bullets needed here.
    Shine on you crazy diamond.....

+ Reply to Thread