View Poll Results: My Vote For The Gold Medal Goes To...

Voters
12. This poll is closed
  • The Alembic Europa Bass

4 33.33%
  • The Roscoe SKB-3005 Bass

6 50.00%
  • The ESP LTD B-5E 5-String Bass

0 0%
  • The Luthman Lady M 5-String Bass

2 16.67%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Skin DEEP 2014 - Medal Round

Default Skin DEEP 2014 - Medal Round

During the course of this round of bass-to-bass competition for bragging rights to Beauty, we have four basses that have earned the right to be featured in our Medal Round. Since we have only three medals - Bronze, Silver, and Gold - it looks like someone's going to go home with an Honourable Mention Award.

Each of these sensational specimens has earned the right to be here; they are all over gorgeous instruments.

With no further ado, let us look at our competitors.

First is The Alembic Europa Bass. Classic shape, gorgeous woods - she's a worthy competitor.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Europa.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	56.2 KB 
ID:	4039

More pix of the Europa HERE.

Next up is The Roscoe SKB-3005 Bass. Of all the basses in the 2014 contest, she won the most rounds. In the end, when I stopped the round with th4e Roscoe against the Wyn, she was due to retire undefeated!!

Name:	Roscoe.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	94.9 KB 
ID:	4041

More pix of the Roscoe HERE.

The ESP LTD B-5E 5-String Bass was not ass popular as the Roscoe, but she did manager to shut down a couple of competitors. Those victories earned her a place in the medal round.

Name:	ESP LTD.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	85.0 KB 
ID:	4038

More pix of the ESP LTD B-5E Bass HERE.

The Luthman Lady M 5-String Bass was a real fave among voters. Her creamy colouring and trimmings made her very hard to beat!

Name:	Luthman Lady M.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	51.4 KB 
ID:	4040

More pix of Lady M HERE.

Place your vote for the bass you want to take the GOLD MEDAL ONLY. The others will fall into place as voting progresses.

Let's see who will take away the hardware in this round of Skin DEEP!

Last edited by Elmeaux; 08-14-2014 at 07:39 AM.

- low life -

Well, they are all good looking! But the Roscoe still has that reach out and grab you look. So, I'm going with the Roscoe!!!
    Always remember to enjoy where you're at on the way to where you're going!!!

Europa, please!

I just want to reach out and grab that Roscoe!

The Luthman Lady has got my Vote! Gorgeous!
    Keep the GROOVE going!

6. Default

Wow! Beauties all. Real craftsmanship and love of creation are obvious in each. I don't see a dud in the bunch - and wish I could hear them all in action to make a final determination. But based on aesthetics alone, I have to pick the Lady - or maybe the Europa - no, wait! the Roscoe - or. . .

Those are all beautiful instruments. I voted for the Roscoe, but have long dreamed of owning an Alembic. Have any of you guys heard of Atlansia Guitars? They are made in Japan and I have never seen their rival when it comes to the visual WOW! factor. Sadly, I have never seen or heard one in the flesh. Here is a link to their 4 string bass models - they make other types as well. In fact they make 1, 2, and 3, string basses. Wild! Check them out.

http://atlansiaguitars.com/Bass-Guitar.php?strings=4
    Last edited by kimgee; 08-20-2014 at 03:22 PM.

While on the topic of artwork that you can play, check out Carvin's gallery of custom bass guitars. There are some of the most beautiful guitars I have ever seen anywhere in there. The first time I learned of Carvin was off the headstock of Roy's guitar in the lessons. I bought one a few months back and it is the best build quality for the money that I am aware of.....AND gorgeous.

they are all beautiful bass,s but the EUROPA for me is just the one that grabs me and says OH YEA.
    Let's Play Bass!

Well, the fact that the LTD got NO VOTES at all makes this a pretty easy reckoning of results.

The Bronze Medal goes to the lovely, lovely Luthman Lady M 5-String Bass.

Name:  Luthman Lady M.jpg
Views: 120
Size:  51.4 KB

More pix of Lady M HERE.

Our Silver Medal goes to the Alembic Europa Bass. Well done!

Name:  Europa.jpg
Views: 116
Size:  56.2 KB

More pix of the Europa HERE.

And finally, taking the Gold Medal is the bass that retired undefeated in the series! The op prize goes to the Roscoe SKB-3005 Bass. A beauty beyond compare!

Name:  Roscoe.jpg
Views: 112
Size:  94.9 KB

More pix of the Roscoe HERE.

Stay tuned in the Fall for a new series of Skin DEEP. New basses, new challenges!

Thanks to all who played.

- low life -

+ Reply to Thread