Maybe this has already been addressed, or maybe it's just me, but it seems that in the assorted bass lessons I have experienced thus far (TMBG is not my only source, but my favorite) the plucking techniques are covered quite briefly, and in some cases, like an after thought. At first this seems ok.......rest stroke and free stroke, got it. But, after getting into the bass a bit deeper, it becomes not so ok. I think the lack of specific technique information on this topic is probably due to the fact that it is kind of hard to precisely quantify what you are doing with your fingers. I think muting techniques suffer from the same problem. I am not sure what the best resolution to this issue would be. I feel with experience a bassist-in-training could work out the technique on their own........eventually. However, more specifics would really speed that process along. Maybe close-up slow motion video of Roy's plucking hand in action with a narrative of what is going on would be good. Or maybe just a detailed explanation would work. What I do know is what seemed to work fine for me in the beginning, I am now not so sure about. Maybe I am alone on this, but reviewing posts here would indicate otherwise. Perhaps hearing from other members on their trials and tribulations in dealing with plucking, as well as muting, techniques would be of benefit to all.