Thread: Anyone have experience with a Fender B-DEC 30?

Default Anyone have experience with a Fender B-DEC 30?

I have one of these coming from an ebay seller. Found out about it on another forum and it sounded perfect for a novice like me. I started looking for one and one is all I could find. It is new old stock, so hopefully it will work and keep on working, but coming from ebay...........who can say. I probably paid too much at $279, but it just sounded so spiffy and all, I had to have it!

I have had a Fender B-DEC 30 for several years and love it. The price you paid is just about right for new (old stock) as they do not manufacture the B-DEC 30 any longer. I think you will enjoy it and it comes with a "Method Book" which explains the different settings and has all the songs printed that is pre-recorded on the amp.
    Always remember to enjoy where you're at on the way to where you're going!!!

Thanks for your insight SilverFlame46. I am supposed to pick it up from FedEx tonight. Hopefully, it will be in good working order. You just never can tell with stuff from ebay these days.

Now that I have had a bit of time to try the Fender B-DEC 30 out, I am very pleased to report that this baby is awesome! The incredible number of features built into this amp are simply amazing. This amp appears to be aimed at beginners like me, but I think they would be of serious benefit to players of all levels. If you have any interest in an amp that functions as a all-in-one device, you should check this one out. My only concern is that if it breaks, I may not be able to get it repaired. Time to start searching for a back-up unit. I like it that much and they are not easy to come by these days. Fender should produce a successor to this fine amp. Also, to my surprise, the built in tweeter seems to give the unit a much fuller and more pleasing sound. I love this amp!!!

GAS never goes away. Get one amp and you're already jonesing for another one!

Glad you like it.

Quote Originally Posted by kimgee View Post
    Now that I have had a bit of time to try the Fender B-DEC 30 out, I am very pleased to report that this baby is awesome! The incredible number of features built into this amp are simply amazing. This amp appears to be aimed at beginners like me, but I think they would be of serious benefit to players of all levels. If you have any interest in an amp that functions as a all-in-one device, you should check this one out. My only concern is that if it breaks, I may not be able to get it repaired. Time to start searching for a back-up unit. I like it that much and they are not easy to come by these days. Fender should produce a successor to this fine amp. Also, to my surprise, the built in tweeter seems to give the unit a much fuller and more pleasing sound. I love this amp!!!
    I'm not sure if you ever saw this Kim:

http://www.thunderrow.com/entry.php?...ckle&goto=next

I suggest you hunt down the footswitch - it makes an awesome device even more awesome.

Paul
    Last edited by PaulUK; 09-08-2014 at 11:21 AM.
    Shine on you crazy diamond.....

I have started the hunt for the footswitch. The ULT-4 is very hard to come by, but the MS-4 is quite common. I would definitely prefer the ULT-4, since it has the appropriate labeling on the switches for the B-DEC. In fact.......I must have it!! Thanks very much PaulUK for the info you have provided on this awesome amp. Fender should re-introduce it imho.