+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Who should I spend time with this year?!!!

Default Who should I spend time with this year?!!!

To those who may remember and to those who don't know are remember this? A friend of mine puts on a music Festival called The Gretna Fest. Last year I was able to spend time backstage and have a pass to be on the stage and to be part of the crew for the one and only music group CHICAGO!!! Great time except for my wife freaking out being backstage with them, I was in seven heaven feeling like that's where I should be and alway be!!!

Well the time has come again for me to make a choice who I'm spending time with this year!! And who do you think I should go with?
    And the choices are, guess who, no not guess who but THE GUESS WHO! Although they will only have the original. Drummer and bassist with them I do love their are his bass lines! Next is the one and only group Lynard Skynrd (probably spelled that wrong) so that's my choices but who would you like if you had the chance? I think I know who I want but was just wondering who you would pick if you had the choice? Thanks for reading.

Line6bassmanTR
    GO LOW!!!STAY HIGH!!!ON BASS THAT IS!!!

Go to the Fest. Take pix, get autographs, make it a memory you'll never forget!

- low life -

The "The Guess Who" that now tours under that name is a very thin imitation of the group that became world famous. I think Kyle may have been the original bassist, but he wasn't there during the good years. He had left the band, and after Randy Bachman and Burton Cummings had gone their separate ways, he asked them if he could use the name for a one night gig. They said yes, for one night, but he then discovered that the name had never been registered, so quickly registered it himself and has been flogging the name ever since with a bit of a merry-go-round of other performers. Might be nice to be there again with a band, but I don't consider the current iteration of The Guess Who, to be "that band".

Might go with Lynyrd Skynyrd tho' he's still actually playing himself. . .

i think i would have to pick SKYNRD. I loved the guess but with out BURTON COMMINGS and Randy Bachman it is just not the same.
    Let's Play Bass!

+ Reply to Thread