+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Anyone have any info on one of these?

Default Anyone have any info on one of these?

It sure looks sweet!

http://www.epiphone.com/Products/Bass/Zenith.aspx

They are no longer made sadly. I just recently discovered their existence. I was seriously considering ordering something very similar from Carvin for about 3X what I ordered one of these used from Musician's Friend. I have never dealt with these guys before, but they were the only place that I could find one. They seemed pretty cool. They threw in a free set of strings, free shipping, and 30 day right-of return with them paying the return shipping. The one I will receive is the transparent black, fretted version. It's supposed to be "gently used". I will soon see. Anyone ever seen one, played one, or have any first hand info about it?

Thanks Elmeaux. Those are great links.

Wow, that one at Kalisco music is $100 cheaper than what I paid. Too bad they are located in Java.

I received this guitar a few days ago and it looks virtually unused. It was made in China (yuk) and it shows. There are several flaws in the finish. Those dudes in China simply do not care about quality at all it seems. I have yet to see a Chinese made guitar that wasn't "iffy". However, I really like the tones from this instrument. The neck is on the wide side and it is rather heavy, but the more I play it, the more I like it. I may be having an intermittent issue with the neck pu where it gives off an alarming amount of "interference-like" noise. It sound like a combo of rumble, hiss, and static, And it's loud. The noise has only presented itself once, and I had a laptop within a foot or so that I was reading sheet music off of. However, when I attempted to reproduce the issue, I failed. So I don't know what the problem was, which concerns me. I have yet to form a firm opinion on it, but fortunately I have plenty of time to decide whether it's a keeper or not. I would love to get a good example of the fretless version with the antique finish, just because they look so sweet, but they are harder to find than hen's teeth. Time will tell.

+ Reply to Thread