Thread: The Mexican Head Road Rash!!

Default The Mexican Head Road Rash!!

I'll aways remember this one for sure! Me on bass, practiced for a week with this Mexican fellow, NO PUN INTENTED!!
    To play for the New Orleans Boat Club where they go from Florida to Mexico in their boats. Well we went over all the songs,
    because I'm no Mexican bass player, but got it all down, and me and the gang or ready at the gig and I need to wear this big what ever you call it 50 lbs 3ft WIDE PLASTER PARIS HAT!!!! Well it felt like it! That's the HEAD ROAD RASH part of the 2 hour gig, well here we begin,
    and the fellow who we practiced with all week starts to play (wired) and goes way out into the crowd with his guitar and we the group were all by ourself from there!! He plays everything different from what we practiced and in all different keys!! Us as a band kept looking at each other like OH BOY were in trouble NOW!! Well we made it though it and did alright.
    But here's why I think we did alright, Yes we were playing Mexican music but there was not a Mexican in the place, and we covered ourself (faking alot of it) pretty well! The end of story is, if there would have been all Mexican familys etc there, I think it would have looked like The Blues Brothers movie standing behind the screen with bottles being thrown at us!
    Well, when it was all over we got paid!! This is great, the best part of it all the crowd thanked us and thought we were GREAT!!!!!!!!
    WHATTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    It really was FUN now that I'm thinking about it!

Line6bassman

Lane on Bass Guest

Wow!! Great story... wish I'd been there.

I think the reason you still went over well is that you brought it off better than you think you did -- we're our own worst critics sometimes -- and probably didn't let on to the audience... just smiled right through it.

The free margaritas probably didn't hurt either.

Thanks for sharing...

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Lane on Bass View Post
    The free margaritas probably didn't hurt either.
    The more I drink, the better they sound sort of thing eh?!? I've attended those sort of shows myself.

Lane on Bass Guest

Quote Originally Posted by eddiespencer1 View Post
    I've attended those sort of shows myself.
    I hate to admit it, but I've played some of those shows!

But I'm playing MUCH better now!

Default Didn't Know How To Spell It!!

Hey, real quick, on last post I didnt know how to spell yaught!!!! Land of the RICH!!!!!!!! It was a yaught Club.
    Now I know why they did not notice, they were to busy worrying about their money!! Glad I don't have their problem!!
    HEHE!!!!!!

Line6bassman