+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Advice for using TMBG with 6 strings bass

1. Default Advice for using TMBG with 6 strings bass

Hello,
    I play the 4 strings bass from about 14 years (I think to be an intermediate player). I know enough music theory and harmony but I'm not able to use it really well... actually I am at a dead point (I need to develope a better mind - fingers connection I think). From about 6 months I started the study of the 6 strings bass. What I feel I'd need is a method/roadmap that helps me to really acquire a good knowledge letting me to apply concepts by heart. I was thinking to start again from the basis with the 6 strings bass buying the TMBG... Do You users of this course think that it will guide me well from the DVD 1 with 6 strings bass?
    Thank You very much!
    Last edited by morfeo; 09-29-2014 at 04:54 AM.

Hi, morfeo. TMBG is taught on a 4-string bass. You can use a bass with more strings, but you'll have to modify your technique to a 4-stringer.

Any education that gets your fingers limbered up and learning will help you. Check out this sample of the course to see if you think it would be right for you.

http://www.thunderrow.com/content.ph...le-of-Lesson-2

You can't go wrong with TMBG, and remember that it comes with a 90 day money back guarantee.
    Last edited by Elmeaux; 09-29-2014 at 06:29 AM.

- low life -

Hi morfeo. I have not gotten very far into the course, but it is focused on the 4 string, like pretty much every course I have examined. TMBG is a great course, but I don't think it will get into much that is specifically for the 6 string. I have yet to find a course that actually addresses the specific advantages of and techniques needed for 5 and 6 string bass guitars.......and I have looked at a bunch and tried a few. I think the path to really exploiting the benefits of these instruments lies in a stronger understanding of music theory and it's application. Good luck.

4. Default

Thanks guys for the advices! I'll think a bit more about TMBG before to buy it...

Why not ordering Roy's ''Getting the most from 6 string'' dvd?
    Never give up

+ Reply to Thread