Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hi, Hello, how are ya?

1. Default Hi, Hello, how are ya?

I'm a new member. Just signed up this weekend after I got my DVDs in the mail. Not much I care to reveal about myself right now...I was studying with Alex Sampson lessons and not really getting anywhere - not saying it's him - probably me. Always had a hard time with any lessons but didn't want to pay some schmo I didn't know without good recommendations for a live bunch of lessons that may or may not be by a person that knows how to TEACH even though he/she can play like a monster.

One first question -
    I was trying to slow down the videos in Windows Media Player and when I go to Enhancements and slow to 50% speed the video slows down but the sound is gone. Does this happen with everyone or am I doing something wrong? I have a new system with Windows 7 Home Premium. I didn't try it on my old XP machine, (still using it with outdated software for some programs that are not compatible with W7). It's always worked with most videos. Is there something I can change or is it a built in feature on TMBG DVDs or...? May come in handy with parts I would like to play slower to help learn stuff at a slower speed (not that I've come upon anything I need to slow down yet).

That's it for my intro and first question I thought I'd throw in here.

Cheers,
    Mark (Hey_Joe)

Welcome to TR Hey Joe. I am sorry, but I do not have an answer for you. I have never tried that my self, but I do have a win7 system and will try that out tonight, see what happens on my system, and let you know tomorrow. I think you will find, like I did, that the TMBG lessons are the best around and the TR forum is filled with friendly helpful people. Again, welcome to TMBG and TR!

Welcome to TR. You will enjoy it here.

Hey, Mark. Welcome aboard. Have to say I've never tried the slowing down thing either. I think the reason it won't work is because the audio and video tracks are on separate areas of the dvd programming.

- low life -

5. Default

Hi Guys...Elmeaux -
    Maybe it's like you said PLUS most DVDs don't have the LOOP feature - so, maybe that is the reason.

Welcome to Thunder Row and TMBG, Mark. Glad to have you aboard. Good luck with your lessons and above all have FUN!!!
    Always remember to enjoy where you're at on the way to where you're going!!!

The lesson loops come in two speeds already. Slow is 60 bpm and fast is 120. 60 is pretty reasonable for first time practice. Try it out - you might find it to be OK for you.

- low life -

Sorry for the delay, but I tried to slow down the video and it did not work on my Win7 64 bit system either. No idea why.

welcome to the ROW i think you will like here the people here are great. so are the lessons. welcome and remember have fun with it
    Let's Play Bass!

originally from Michigan now living in Ohio

Welcome to the row mark