+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tips on how to practice

Default Tips on how to practice

I came across this link on another site, and thought it interresting.
    Brian

http://www.bulletproofmusician.com/8...o-differently/

Thanks for the link Brian. Dr. Kageyama's stuff makes for great reading. I recommend getting on his mailing list.

Very interesting! I am in for the mailing list.

- low life -

Very interesting indeed. . . good insight. Didn't see anywhere obvious to find his mailing list signup?

There is a box to the right of the karate guy picture that is headed - Weekly Tips (it's free) witha field to enter your email address. On my browser anyway, which is firefox.

6. Default

interesting article. ( I actually played the piece they were using as an example - and recorded a few other of his composotions. i was being groomed to be a concert pianist then that bass came along....) ph btw - Shotocovichs hands were very large, and in some of his compositions, they had to be written out in double staves - so you are reading two bass clefs and two treble clefs.... sheesh)

anyway - One thing I kind of go over often when teaching is even-ness - whyen practicing if only one part of what you are doing sounds ok and other parts do not, then you are ewasting your time. if you cannot play four notes evenly with the same attack and volume and tone - that means whatever you are taking it too fast for your ability. yes you can play it faster and without any finess- but you will someday be able to play at the speed you want and when you do it will be noce and clean. Or hopwever you want it to sound.

+ Reply to Thread