+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: mono rail bridges

Elmeaux, I only paid $700 for this used SR1005EFM. I know the new prestige models are all $2000 and up, but apparently, they do not hold their value for some reason. Maybe a lot of peeps, like I did, wrongly assume Ibanez only makes "budget" instruments. The deal I got was not a fluke as I have seen 2 more of these models for sale for UNDER $700. One of those was at Sam Ash, when I went looking for a comparable 4 string, for only $675, it was mint AND played better than the brand spanking new SR5005 hanging nearby selling for $2200. I also saw a SR4000 in excellent condition sell on ebay for only $585. So it looks to me like if you want a really nice instrument for relatively little coin, a good used prestige Ibanez just may be the way to go. I even mentioned to an Ibanez customer service rep that they may want to rethink that 1 year warranty thing, since it gives potential buyers the wrong impression. As for the badly setup instrument in the music store, the main stores here in Tampa, FL are Sam Ash and Guitar Center. Guitar Center is unbelievably bad, with useless, totally idiotic salespeople. Their best attribute is that they will pretty much ignore you completely, which sadly, is a good thing. In fact, I had a Fender tech support guy tell me, "Do not take your guitar to Guitar Center for service under any circumstances, ever. Take it to the Sam Ash on North Dale Mabry (in Tampa). It is a "gold" level repair center." Sam Ash is only marginally better, in spite of what the Fender guy said. The work they did was poor in my opinion. I rarely visit either of them, since it has proven to be a frustrating waste of my time. I guess other areas have better music stores, or at least, I hope they do. But here, in this cultural wasteland, more commonly known as Tampa, I do the vast majority of my shopping on-line.

Thanks for the tip Paul. I will definitely look into the SR900.

+ Reply to Thread