Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Article: The NEW Vox Bass AmPlug 2

Good show. Earbuds don't have the power. Glad you found the solution.

- low life -

I really like the amplug 2 bass model. It worked fine with my bass in active or passive mode. I tried using it with earbuds and headphones and it was loud enough for me. If you are having problems with volume, it could be the impedance of your heaphones vs. what the amplug can push. So trying out headphones/earphones with a different impedance may solve any issues you have. There are so many features crammed in this little device. I really like it. It will be great to throw in my gig bag. If I get to a rehearsal early, I can use it to practice along with music on my audio player. I can take it on a trip with me to get some extra practice in without hauling an amplifier or my larger/heavier amp modeling pedal. The downside is that you shouldn't use the box portion of the amplug to insert or pull it out of your bass or you run the risk of breaking it (according to the user instructions). You have to use just the plug part of the unit for inserting and removing the unit. I wish the the box portion of the unit was stronger so you could use it as a handle to insert or remove it from your bass without fear of breaking it. I think it sounds better than running my bass through one of my amps with headphones and music player plugged into the amp. I really like this unit and would buy it again.

This unit has three gain settings. Try all three to see which one works best for the bass you are using. That could also boost your volume a bit.