Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Article: The NEW Vox Bass AmPlug 2

Default Article: The NEW Vox Bass AmPlug

- low life -

Neat looking device. Thanks for the link, Elmeaux
    Brian

I have the original model. It's wonderful! I'm looking forward to the one with rhythm tracks!

- low life -

I just ordered the amplug 2 today!! Sounds like a great idea for me. Since I have some spare time at work here and there I also just got
    a little cheap starter bass kit a four stringer and 15 watt amp ( amp su@#! ) that I could leave at work so I can play bass and listen to song from Ipod phone etc and practice learning songs! You ought to see that using two sets of ear buds one in one ear from amp and one in the other ear from Ipod.
    What a tangled mess.... One other note the cheap bass stinks through the 15 watt whatever the name of the amp is, but it sounds like a precision through the 500 watt fender Rumble!!! Well the cheap-es working for me!!

Line6bassman

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	$_57.JPG 
Views:	223 
Size:	70.4 KB 
ID:	4147
    GO LOW!!!STAY HIGH!!!ON BASS THAT IS!!!

I'm fixin to order one too. When yours arrives, give us the lowdown.

- low life -

Got it today!! Works great. Only down side I might say, is I could use just a little more volume. You diffidently wont blow your brains out. The three beats are cool on it to play along with and play along with song from Ipod, phone etc but it will be at all low volumes. But all is cool! Also volume might have something to do with using my line6 bass when I get to work I'll try the cheap bass Passive and try the 3 gain setting of the Vox on that one. till then. later.

PS. Got mine from Ebay, expected it to come somewhere after the 4th of Dec, but got it 2 days after the notice that it was shipped! And that was 2 days from Calif to New Orleans La.

Line6bassmanTR
    Last edited by line6bassman; 12-01-2014 at 12:35 PM.

I never have any kind of volume problem with my old Amplug. It thunders in my headphones like a regular amp. In fact, I never have to crank it to full volume to get the goods. I worry that yours is OK. Did you buy it used? Do you suppose the new model is different to the old one in terms of output?

- low life -

Quote Originally Posted by Elmeaux View Post
    I never have any kind of volume problem with my old Amplug. It thunders in my headphones like a regular amp. In fact, I never have to crank it to full volume to get the goods. I worry that yours is OK. Did you buy it used? Do you suppose the new model is different to the old one in terms of output?
    I bought it new. Like I was saying I'm going to try it on the other normal type bass at work which is what I need it for and see how it goes.
    With all the Electro stuff on board with the Line6 bass Variex it needs good Electric out put to put out the volume.
    Also listening to the set of beats on the vox not plugged into the bass is way load so it's probably the bass on this one. I'll check it tomorrow at work.
    GO LOW!!!STAY HIGH!!!ON BASS THAT IS!!!

Tried it on the bass at work, does sound a little louder and will work. But it maybe my ears are how much volume can I expect from such a small device? It works for how it should work and fits its purpose of use. Now I don't have the first version to compare
    the two but just maybe with the version two and extra features it may just cut the volume down a bit. Then again my hearing might not be the same are as good as someone else? But it does do what I need it to do and at $39.00 not bad for the extras.

Line6bassmanTR

Ok, Duhhh I figured this out on volume, here's the tip on this. DON'T USE EAR BUD TYPE HEADPHONES USE EAR MUFF TYPE!!! Duhhhh. Now that's a lot better. Unless you are just deaf.. Whattttt....

Line6bassman TR