Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sad news: Jack Bruce passes away...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Sad news: Jack Bruce passes away...

Cream bassist Jack Bruce dies.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/10/25/showbi...ck-bruce-bass/

(CNN) -- Jack Bruce, singer, songwriter and bassist for legendary 1960s rock band Cream, died Saturday at 71.
    Bruce's family confirmed the death of the Scottish musician on his official website and Facebook page.
    "The world of music will be a poorer place without him, but he lives on in his music and forever in our hearts."

Considered one of the greatest rock trios of all time, Cream was formed by Bruce, guitarist Eric Clapton and drummer Ginger Baker in 1966. The band produced such hits as "Sunshine of Your Love," "White Room," "Crossroads" and "Strange Brew," many of which
    Bruce wrote and sang. He also helped come up with the memorable guitar riff in "Sunshine of Your Love."
    The band members' infighting and drug use became almost as well-known as their musical talent, and the group parted ways in 1968.
    "Jack felt that he had strayed too far from his ideals and wanted to rediscover his musical and social roots," according to his official biography.
    Born to musical parents in Glasgow, Scotland, in 1943, Bruce played in various dance bands and jazz groups before joining the Graham Bond Organization in 1962, where he met drummer Ginger Baker. He later joined John Mayall's Blues Breakers and met guitarist Eric Clapton, leading to the formation of Cream.
    After group broke up, Bruce went on to record solo albums and front bands. He released more than a dozen solo LPs over the next four decades, including his latest, "Silver Rails," in March. Cream reunited briefly in 1993 for the band's induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. Read the rest at link above. RIP JACK
    GO LOW!!!STAY HIGH!!!ON BASS THAT IS!!!

Thanks for everything, Jack! Your contributions to music helped to shape my youth!

- low life -

R.I.P., Jack.
    Peavey Milestone Bass
    Ibanez SR 500 Bass

Quote Originally Posted by Bassic Bill View Post
    R.I.P., Jack.
    R.I.P. Jack

One of the all time greats!

LW Gold Standard 5
    Carvin/Kiesel - Icon5, BB75, PB5, LB70
    Fender - Pbass (DiMarzio Ultra P pickups, Warmoth Jazz neck), American Deluxe PJ, MIJ Walnut Jazz, American Elite Jazz
    Alembic Spoiler
    Rickenbacker 4003s
    Rickenbacker 4001 (1977)
    Spector Euro 4 LX
    Ken Smith BT4
    Musicman Stingray
    Power by Carvin B1000 through Markbass 2x10 Traveler (x2) (MarkBass Nano for practice/small gigs)

Somebody turn up the Bass!

www.engine14.com
    www.facebook.com/engine14band[/SIZE]

A good life..doing what he loved. It doesn't get much better than that.

Jack was my all time bass hero. He brought bass to the forefront in a way no one before him had. It has been said he single handedly got more folks interested in bass than anyone before or after him. Still have the 67 Gibson EB0 I was just starting to play at that time. It often reminds me of a night, long ago, In New Haven Arena when some friends and I saw Cream in concert. It truly was magical.

Tip O the hat to ya Jack

One of the true greats. Major influence on my bass appreciation.

RIP Jack

one of rocks best rock bands and great pioneers of rock & roll .and jack was a big part of that with his great bass riffs and sung writing. now he is with other greats in HEAVENS ROCK & ROLL SHOW.WE will here him every time the thunder rolls. long live your music and rest in peace Jack
    Let's Play Bass!

Jack Bruce - The Man Behind the Bass

Don't know how many have seen this? But this is one of the best Documentary I've seen on Jack! It's actually a pleasure to watch!! Only pleasure it is not is that he is no longer here. Enjoy the video.

Line6bassmanTR

GO LOW!!!STAY HIGH!!!ON BASS THAT IS!!!

Thanks for the great link L6b!!!

My very, absolute favourite bass player! That is a most insightful documentary.

Thanks for finding and posting that L6B.