+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ibanez keeps amazing me

Default Ibanez keeps amazing me

Ibanez uploaded some pictures on their facebook pages, taken at the Bass Player Live 2014 and I must say : it looks amazing. Check this out!

Never give up

Ibanez are tops as far as I'm concerned. I've owned three different base guitars and all three have been Ibanez!!!
    Always remember to enjoy where you're at on the way to where you're going!!!

The best playing bass I have had the pleasure of fondling is my Ibanez 1005EFM. It really woke me up to the differences in playability that can be experienced in the spectrum of bass guitars available. In fact, I just received a "pre-owned" Kinal MK-21 4 string I got off of ebay. It is my first hand made unit and I am excited to try it out. I am at work currently, so that will have to wait. Kinal guitars are pretty much unknown, but what little info I could find made me decide to get it. It certainly looks well made. I will post my opinions of it after I have had a chance to play it a bit.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	KINALBASS01.jpg 
Views:	119 
Size:	48.9 KB 
ID:	4123

http://kinal.dreamhosters.com/index.html

Sounds good, Kimgee! Hope you have a lot of fun with it
    Never give up

Mike Kinal is a good guy. I dealt with him when I needed a replacement Bartolini preamp for my Tobias bass and he fixed me up. It was difficult to find anyone that would look into/investigate the various versions of the preamp I was looking for, but he stepped up.

I did some reading on his basses at that time and they look like very carefully, and lovingly crafted instruments.

Looking forward to a playing review . . .

I have two Ibbies. Love 'em to death.

Can't wait for your review, kimgee.

And thanks for the great pix, Thomas! Spectacular axes!

- low life -

No thanks at all. We have to stay up to date in the world of bass
    Never give up

The Kinal's look amazing.

My one beef with Ibanez (other than the fact that I hate their necks, which is why I moved on from my first Ibanez bass and never looked back), is that all of their models look the same. I think it cheapens the look of their instruments, when it's hard to tell the difference between the $300 SR300 and their high-end models.

I love the finish on that blue one, though.

+ Reply to Thread