+ Reply to Thread

Thread: We can't all be bass players......

Default We can't all be bass players......

This awesome musician doesn't play bass, but don't hold that against her. I am talking about Candy Dulfer. I discovered this Dutch alto saxophonist on emusic, where I have found many great musicians that remain relatively unheard of in the USA. I have read articles about her that claimed she took over the reins as Queen of Funk from Tina Marie. I don't know about that, but her album, Funked Up!, is definitely one of my favorites. One thing I can say about Candy Dulfer, is that I own at least 6 or 7 of her CDs, and they are all very good. Her CD titled Dulfer and Dulfer, on which she plays with her father, who is also a accomplished saxophonist, is another of my favorites. I have been influenced by a lot of great musicians that don't play the bass and am always on the lookout for new ones. This is one of the reasons I really like Elmeaux's music reviews. I had never heard of Jason Raso before Elmeaux reviewed him. I listen to him regularly now. maybe there should be a specific forum here so we can all share the music we enjoy listening to with the TR family.
    Anyway, if you have never listened to Candy Dulfer, here she is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=waoUychgyXs

Thanks for the intro,Kimgee.
    I had never heard her before.
    Brian

Quote Originally Posted by kimgee View Post
    I had never heard of Jason Raso before Elmeaux reviewed him. I listen to him regularly now. maybe there should be a specific forum here so we can all share the music we enjoy listening to with the TR family.

kimgee, if you ever want to write a review of an album that moves you - and share it with the TR family - please feel free to do so! That goes for all y'all as well. If you're a TMBG member, you already have the permissions to write articles for the front page.

If you want to run it past me first before publishing, I'm happy to offer editing or formatting services. I don't mess with artistic content; all I really ever do is check for spelling (if necessary), structure, and maybe set up the formatting to fit the established style of the website.

Member reviews are always welcome! Introduce us to the music YOU like. Bass-centric albums are preferred, but are certainly not demanded. Most bands out there will have a bass player, even if he/she is not the main focus.

If you need more info on publishing to the site, drop me a PM and I will gladly help you out.

Remember that thunder Row belongs to YOU!

- low life -

+ Reply to Thread