+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Been a while....

Default Been a while....

Hey strangers!!!

It's been a while since I've posted! Things have been a bit crazy and to top it off....my DVD player in my lap top crapped out on me, so I haven't been able to watch the DVDs

A lot has been going on though. I played my first gig, albeit it was only two songs lol. And I've been practicing with a new band and we are working on a a bunch of Ramones covers for a Ramones Tribute cancer benefit show.

I am also in the process of adding to my bass family...I put a fender Blacktop Precision Bass on layaway and should have her broke outta jail by Christmas!

I have just recently gone back to working on the fundamentals and using the TMBG book and DVDs ( when I get access to the t.v. Lol

I'm kinda going back to some of the previous lessons and it's a nice refresher

Hope all is good w everyone!

Steve

Glad to have you back, Steve!! Good luck with the reviews!!

- low life -

Hey Steve, great to hear from you. When that Fender escapes from jail I hope you take some photos of the big event and share them with us!!!
    Always remember to enjoy where you're at on the way to where you're going!!!

Hi there Steve and welcome back.

Welcome back, Steve. Nice to be able to pick the material up at whatever point you wish.

Good luck. Want to see pics of that Fender dude when ya spring it.

Thanks guys! Here are a couple pics of the Blacktop I took when I put the money down.....only a matter of time

P.s. Anyone ever use Fender Tapewounds? That's what the previous owner put in it. I loved the feel of em and the tone was sweet too. But that was ten minutes in the store lol

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	289 
Size:	84.5 KB 
ID:	4142Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	289 
Size:	82.6 KB 
ID:	4143

That's one nice looking instrument!! Congrats.

8. Default

Purrrty! I need a bigger Christmas stocking!

She's a beauty! No on the Fender tapewounds.

- low life -

So I brought the Blacktop home last week and I'm loving it! Its got some punch, and It seems to be able to get a lot of different tones. Also, the Fender Tapewounds are preet sweet. I expected them to be fairly dark, but they have a bit more zing than my GHS precision Flats on my Jack Cassidy bass, but still have that flats kinda feel and sound. They have a lot of thump to em.

The big think i think I might like is that they allegedly last for years! So easy on the wallet!

+ Reply to Thread