Thread: Hello from Somebody Else's Nightmare

1. Default Hello from Somebody Else's Nightmare

I thought i would say hi and thought i might start posting some articles about playing theory time giging. and various other topics that are rolling around in my head. I may put one in tips and tricks area. You can decide if its a tip or a trick. I have played various instruments and finally landed on bass i was a working musician at age 7 and never looked back. I have been a sideman on numerous CD projects and decided ( before i kick the bucket ) last month to put one out of my own. Since I have spent my musical lfe as a sideman, i have played all types of music in all types of bands, combos orchestras, you name it. On the road half my life, and now settled down for the next phase in Sonoma Ca. i do not really have music video yet of me playing, but here is an awful quality one but the sound seems to be ok. i chose this as i play a bass solo near the beginning. Before I moved up here i was working with 4 or 5 salsa and cuban bands in san francisco.

joe holiday trio

here is some latin playing from one of my demos - original composition called Piano Folk Song

Piano Folk Song

and how about one from my new CD Strength and Kindness called Worker Bees
    ( the lyrics are an invented language of ancient bee keepers)

Worker bees

Should be enough of this for now... See you around Thunder Row!

joe

Hi, Joe. I thought that was you! Welcome aboard and enjoy Thunder Row! Glad to have you with us. Canadians are always a nice addition!

- low life -

3. Default

Canadians eh??? Naw I am now living in Sonoma, but born in San Francisco!

Quote Originally Posted by joe holiday View Post
    Canadians eh??? Naw I am now living in Sonoma, but born in San Francisco!
    One can always hope.

- low life -

PS: your posts are sometimes sent to moderation when you're new, especially if you insert links. If you post something and it goes to moderation, just leave it. I go in and approve posts several times a day. Patience is a virtue.

- low life -

Hi Joe and welcome to TR! I look forward to reading your articles.

Welcome to Thunder Row, Joe. Glade to have you aboard!!!
    Always remember to enjoy where you're at on the way to where you're going!!!

Welcome to the Row, Joe!

Clips sound very good. Enjoyed them a lot.

By the way, Folks. Our new member, Joe Holiday, plays in the band, Somebody Else's Nightmare (SEN). This is the album review I am working on - should be ready sometime on Sunday. Tasty stuff, my friends. You're gonna enjoy it! I, for one, am tickled pink to have Joe with us as a contributing member of TR. Thanks, Joe! Your articles are very informative and educational.

- low life -

Thank you for joining in. I look forward to your input.
    Brian