Thread: Article: Rotosound Introduce New Bass Strings Foil Packs and Color Coding

Default Article: Rotosound Introduce New Bass Strings Foil Packs and Colour Coding

Interesting string of "endorsers" there. Never used Rotosounds and can't remember seeing them on the shelves around here. Wonder just how commonly they are imported.

I've seen Rotosound in the store. Never tried them, however.

I have used Rotosound 77 monel flatwounds and 88 nylon coated flatwounds, and both are excellent. I have always bought them online, usually from amazon, or wherever they are cheapest. I have been buying strings from Carvin lately. Forgive me if I already said this, but all of Carvin's strings are made by LaBella and are way cheaper from Carvin than from any other source I have found. I have the LaBella labeled Deep Talkin' Bass tapewounds on my AC50 and have been using the Carvin labeled (but made by LaBella) flatwounds on several guitars. The flats seem to have a coating on them and feel kinda "sticktiony" (best word I could come up with) at first, but the sticktion feeling goes away quickly and then they feel and sound great. Did I mention they are super cheap on Carvin's website?

I tried the Rotosound Nexus stinds one (black coated) and I hated them.
    The feeling of the strings while playing was awful, so I cannot comment on the quality of the sound since I removed them from my bass pretty soon.

I currently use the LaBella Deep Talkin' Bass strings (0760M or 760M depending on the webstore). They are flatwound stainless steel ones and I really like them. It takes some time to get used to the fact that they are slick (now roundwound strings feel like they stick to your fingers).

The root swing 66's are my fav roundwounds. Warm but still bright, at least to my ear! I've been bummed when I try other strings and always seem to back to the Roto's

I love the rotosound 66 swing. I think these are the ones John Entwistle help developed back in the early 60's. Going on 1 year still sound great. New bass being built now are coming with cleartones. Will have to see how they sound. Could be a quick change to the rotos.