Thread: Article: Special Digital Price For TMBG DVD Owners

Default Article: Special Digital Price For TMBG DVD Owners

- low life -

Houston, we have a problem...........

I can stream the lessons onto my iPad via PurplePlayer but they won't download for offline use.

I'm currently getting a "Sorry we are having a problem downloading this title" message and a request that I contact "support" each time I attempt to download. The d/l originally got no further than "calculating time remaining" and hanging there; now it won't even do that.

I'm hoping it's a teething problem.

Also, am I correct in thinking the loop library feature is absent on the streamed lessons? Ralph's blue face was not immediately evident as I streamed Lesson 9.
    Last edited by PaulUK; 02-13-2015 at 05:02 PM.

Hi Paul,

Yes, there are some teething pains, however, if you write barbara get you sorted. Our broadband partner is working on the looping function, and hopes to have it operational no later than mid-March. Thanks for your patience!

Paul,
    Barbara asked me to post a message on this problem.
    you can find it here

Thanks Patrick.

Red Deer, Alberta, Canada and Oaxaca, Mexico

I am wondering why someone who bought the disk package should have to pay for the digital version as well since part of the deal was that the purchaser gets access to the resources on Thunder Row forever. Seems like a money grab to me. For example, you say "you can purchase the digital version for the low price of $34.95. This price includes the entire 20 lesson kit, and - as with the DVD kit - you only pay ONCE. No subscriptions, no monthly fees." but you are asking me to pay TWICE.

Default You only pay twice if you want to pay twice

Quote Originally Posted by ShawnHaley View Post
    I am wondering why someone who bought the disk package should have to pay for the digital version as well since part of the deal was that the purchaser gets access to the resources on Thunder Row forever. Seems like a money grab to me. For example, you say "you can purchase the digital version for the low price of $34.95. This price includes the entire 20 lesson kit, and - as with the DVD kit - you only pay ONCE. No subscriptions, no monthly fees." but you are asking me to pay TWICE.
    The CD's and the streaming system are two separate products. If you buy the CD's, then you have no need for the streaming service, other than convenience. You could copy the CD's to any device you like, or play them from a laptop. I highly recommend buying the hard copy of the text, and thus free yourself from the slavery of electricity. Seriously, they are not asking you to pay for anything twice. They merely offer a range of products designed to satisfy as many students needs as is possible. It is up to the student to decide what fits their particular needs best. I chose the CD's and the hard copy of the text, and I am 100% satisfied with my choice. Look at the other offerings available on the internet, and I assure you, you will not find another product that gives you what TMBG does, at any price. Good luck with your musical adventures!!

Quote Originally Posted by ShawnHaley View Post

Hey, Shawn,long time no see, Brother! Thanks for weighing in. Your opinion is always welcome here.

For me, I like the streaming service because I can play it on a tablet, when no DVD drive is available. I can put on my headphones and watch the lessons on my phone. I don't even have to play my bass - I can just watch the lessons. Heck, I could even just LISTEN to the lessons as I develop an ear for each note on the fretboard.

I consider this to be TLD offering a new variation of their product. At a minimum, they have to pay for cloud space to keep the course somewhere so the student can always access the lessons. What you get for your $34.95 is the convenience of a new way to enjoy your lessons!

The RESOURCES area of Thunder Row is still available to you and contains a lot of material not included in the DVD kit.

- low life -