Thread: Article: Are You Having Problems With The Streaming Service?

Default Article: Are you having problems with the streaming service ?

Fender 2012 American Standard Precision Bass (Left-handed)
    Fender '59 Bassman LTD.

Thanks Barbara. Your attention to this is much appreciated.

Paul

With tablets and phones, I'm wondering if the problem has to do with storage space. These lessons take up a lot of gigs. Laptops and home computers are good for space but tablets are smaller in storage. I've been having good luck streaming the lessons. Everything works fine. On the tablet, I'm only downloading one lesson at a time, as opposed to the entire kit all at once.

Elmeaux,

I think you are right. Lesson 9 did eventually download onto my iPad, taking its own sweet time. I haven't tried any other lessons, precisely because I don't want to fill my tablet's memory.

I also have a relatively slow broadband connection at home (I live in the country) and, especially across wireless, that doesn't help either.

So, it appears that it may have been the error messages, rather than the download process itself, that were "wrong".

Yeah, we heard back from Grace at PP. She figures drive space. I'm going to attach my one-terabyte drive to my tablet and try downloading there. In your PP player, you can choose where the program stores and looks for the files, so it should work. I'll post again when I know more.

- low life -

From what I can see on my tablet is that the size of lesson 1 is around 400MB, so if you do that times 20 for every lesson the minimum amount of free space to download all lessons is 8GB.

I don't know if you can set a download location to download the lesson files to (I have a blank 64GB SDCard in mine but it defaults to the internal storrage).

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    I don't know if you can set a download location to download the lesson files to (I have a blank 64GB SDCard in mine but it defaults to the internal storage).
    It does default to internal storage, but there's a gear (settings) button that let's you choose where to store and look for the files. Click the gear and select CHOOSE PREFERRED MEDIA STORAGE FOLDER. It'll give you a confirmation box showing that it accepts firewire drives, usb drives, SATA etc. You click I UNDERSTAND, CANCEL, or RESET to original location. I moved the location to another folder, but haven't tried a different DRIVE. I'm going to attach my BIG drive to my tablet later and try loading the files there. Then I'll see if the program can pick them up again whenever the drive is attached, or whether you have to reset the location every time you attach the drive (or SD card).

- low life -

What kind of Tablet are you using ?
    I'm using a Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1

I did check for this before making my previous post and I double-checked again but there is no gear icon or some settings option that I can find.
    from the top left to right there is :

- 2 circling arrows (to reload the view I guess)
    - a magnifier glass to search
    - a clowd (top right) where you can select to show ony downloading files (queue) or cancel download
    - an i icon that opens the browser to the homeplage of the purpleplayer

Also lesson 2 seems to be more around 1GB so I'm guessing lesson 1 is a lot shorter than the other ones ? (this would require around 20GB for the entire course).

Oh, and Cheryl,
    If you check the screenshot I've send you and Gloria you'll see that there is no gear on my screen.

Sorry. My bad. I was using the player on my laptop. My idea was to use the laptop player to download all the lessons to my big drive, and then transfer them to the tablet drive. Within the gear thing on the laptop player is another setting that says TRANSFER LESSONS TO ALL DEVICES. I haven't tried that either. If that worked, you could download all to a laptop or desktop, and then transfer all lessons to a mobile device. The player for laptops is different to the one for mobile devices. More choices and options... and a gear in the upper right corner. Sorry for the confusion.

- low life -

Since I'm running all Linux, I cannot test the Desktop/Laptop player.
    From what I understand from their site there should be a method to "transfer" the downloaded lessons to your mobile devices.

I hope you'll have some success with your experiments.