+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: i dont know

Default i dont know

man i don't know if i will get past lesson one.seems like every time i get ready to move on i cant renumber what i jut learned feels like ground hog day.it just takes so long to do anything even to type a message. but i will keep trying don,t know what else to do can,t give up. so we will keep on keeping on.and thank all of you for your support
    Let's Play Bass!

Hi Donnie,

Watching the lessons I've worked on teaches me something new every time I do it.

Perhaps you could focus on that for a while?

Remember, this is there to be enjoyed. All the music, all the bass, all the time.

You are doing great man. We are all in awe of you, truly.

Good luck

Paul
    Shine on you crazy diamond.....

You just go at what ever speed you can handle. This isn't a race, its about personal satisfaction. Like Paul said, if you enjoy the lessons, just listen to them and enjoy for a bit.

You're an amazing man, Donnie!!!

You don't even have to play the lessons if it's causing you stress. Just pick up your bass and play for enjoyment. Triads, scales, octaves... whatever puts that sound in the air is a good thing.

Play on Brother.

- low life -

We are all here for you, Donnie. As you said, "Just keep on keeping on."!!!
    Always remember to enjoy where you're at on the way to where you're going!!!

nothing to add but my best wishes and hopes and thanks for all the inspiration you have given me.
    Brian

i want to thank you all you. you really inspire me to keep going. i truly do love the bass not giving up by any means i guess just a little bit of wining and blowing off steam.i should be glad at least my finger tips have held up.lol keeping the faith thank you all very much
    Let's Play Bass!

That's THE MAN talking, right there.

I'm proud to know you Donnie.
    Shine on you crazy diamond.....

Donnie, how about working on a song or two to change up just working on lessons?

Hello Donnie, as the folks above have said, you're an inspiration to all of us on the Row. As for the lessons, I'm reminded of the words of a songwriter friend of mine, who's very successful. "I used to write songs because I couldn't help it. They just poured out of me, and it was fun. Then, at some point, it became work, and I had to force the songs - and fit them to the radio format. I've had a song at the top of the Billboard charts every year for the last six years, and I hate every one of them." The point of this - if I infer correctly - is not to lose the joy of what you're playing bass for. It doesn't matter if you only master the G on the E string, with practice you'll be the best G-player in the world! Crank up your amp, shake the windows (preferably while your wife is out shopping), and PLAY THAT G WITH ALL YOUR HEART! (And a sizable heart that is!)

+ Reply to Thread