+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: i dont know

Donnie,

I hit the same brick wall, but in lesson 5. I found that the answer was going to a live teacher. In just a few lessons the entire concept of scales, modes, and chord progressions were demystified. Not mastered, but they were at least understandable and not some abstract unrelated concepts any more. My confidence has soared in the last few months, so much so that I am looking for some local people to jam with regularly.

I don't know tons about your situation, and how easy it would be to try some live instruction where you can ask direct questions. Maybe it's not even what you need. At least you are lucky enough to have the community continue to respond to your posts and questions. As for my experience, EVERYBODY except for Brian Primrose stopped even trying to help me or answer my questions. Ultimately I guess that worked out for the best since it saved me from having to watch the same video 1000 times just to try and figure out what Roy was trying to fumble his way through saying.
    Ibanez SR1200
    Ibanez AFB200
    Carvin MB210

Donnie, your positive attitude through all of your ongoing health issues is truly inspiring. Bass playing aside, how have you been feeling lately? You know your friends here on the Row are always here to support you.

- low life -

+ Reply to Thread