Thread: Article: What do you want to learn?

Default Article: What do you want to learn?

I think some videos on time signatures would be good. Showing how they sound differently to each other.

Maybe something around transcription, but I don't know how this would be possible in a short video.

Learning a song is nice, but it's limited to that one song. And I know it's not the right way to learn them there are a lot of TABS out there for many songs (just think of sites like Ultimate Guitar). But learning how you can listen to a song and turn that into your own version/transcription would be a valuable skill for any musician.

Maybe something around ear-training which might be easier to do in a short lesson video ?

How about some good melodies. The bass isn't just for backing up those lesser instruments. Melodies are fun and improve your sight reading skills and fretboard knowledge. I like melodies.

Along the lines of Elmeaux's post, something showing the essence of the bass parts that support various "other" styles of music - reggae, celtic (weird beats and chord sequences), etc.