12. This poll is closed
  • The Crackercaster 456 Bass

4 33.33%
  • The Drake Jason's Bass

8 66.67%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Skin DEEP 2015 - Still The One

Remember gang it's the looks not the other things about the bass that count here... But good discussion. though.
    GO LOW!!!STAY HIGH!!!ON BASS THAT IS!!!

The Drake has my attention, and vote this time. And you are correct L6, the looks is what counts in the Skin Deep voting. I think that focus has been lost somehow over time!!!
    Always remember to enjoy where you're at on the way to where you're going!!!

Quote Originally Posted by harleyman888 View Post
    I actually talked to the rep there and he personally told me it was covered. They make a great bass with over 25 years building customs.
    I understand what you are saying Harleyman, but here is a very relevant question for you. What is the price range of Simonetti custom basses? I would guess that they are significantly higher than Drake's. That is a guess, since they do not appear on their site. That fact alone is an indicator. Let's face it, if you pay $5000 for an item, you would expect greater support and "hand holding" from the manufacturer than if you spent half that. But, like Line6 and Silverflame point out, this SKIN DEEP forum is supposed to be about aesthetics, not functionality. And, I personally am amazed at how gorgeous polished redwood looks. The grain pattern kinda looks like flames on the guitar top.

EDIT:

Oops!! My bad, I just found the prices and they appear to be slightly LESS than Drake's. So the price argument is out the window!!
    Last edited by kimgee; 03-12-2015 at 09:30 AM. Reason: found pricing

New round coming today. Just browsing around for something new and exciting!

- low life -

+ Reply to Thread